“Worst meal in Italy” 1 of 5 stars

0039 0187 817367
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Winter Park, Florida
“Worst meal in Italy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I both found our dinners to be the worst meal we had in Italy. The house wine was the only part that better than average. We should have known when it took the servers over ten minutes to even notice us. A large table was set inside and a group eventually filled it. Perhaps that strained the servers. Being a sea coast location, I ordered the grilled mixed seafood. The fish was so dry and flavorless, it was inedible. The other fish items were overcooked, cold and equally poor in flavor With other restaurants is sight of our table, I had the thought we made a big mistake choosing this place.
Maybe we just caught a bad meal on a off day for the chef, but I would pass on this place and take a chance on a different restaurant next time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Vernon, Canada
“A wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've dined at Al Carugio a number of times, and the food has always been great - freshly prepared and served hot. This is a restaurant that I try to visit each time I'm in Monterosso.

Visited September 2012
Shropshire UK
“A nice friendly restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We ate here with our group of photographers, Steve Barber photography. The staff were friendly and the food was good, especially the swordfish.

Visited September 2012
Sydney
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

During our stay in Italy we found that almost every dish was full of carbs and we were craving something a bit different. We stumbled across this place and it seemed to be the cheapest place that served steak. The meat was cooked perfectly and came out promptly. I would recommend to any tourist who is looking for something other than pasta and pizza. Also served some of the best coffee I have every had.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moraga, California
“Great seafood pasta, price and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We(party of 6) stayed 3 nights in Deiva Marina and had dinner twice at Al Carugio restaurant in Monterosso al Mare. We had dinner at this restaurant on our first night. I had a fixed price menu for 20 euro, salad, fried calamari, swordfish pasta and 2 glasses of house wine. Food was good. My wife and one of her cousin ordered seafood risotto(for 2). My wife oher cousin ordered a seafood pasta dish. We shared our entrees and boy the seafood pasta was very good. We all loved that seafood pasta dish. I think it is a family run restaurant. Service is very good. The waiter(I believe he is the son) was very nice.

Second night, we had dinner at a recommended seafood restaurant in Deiva Marina. We tried the seafood pasta dish and we did not like it a bit, too salty.

Third night, we went back to Al Carugio restaurant for some good home cooking seafood pasta.

We had big salad(for 4), fried calamari appertizer, fresh anchovy marinated in olive oil and lemon juice, minestrone soup, swordfish pasta, seafood pasta, seafood risotto. We loved all the dishes.

If you are in Monterosso al Mare, give Al Carugio restaurant a try and you will like it.

Good food, service and reasonable price!!!!

• Visited September 2012