“If u need to take shower well, choose other hostel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hostel Cinque Terre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manarola
Hostel Cinque Terre
Via Riccobaldi, 21, 19010 Manarola, Italy   |
“If u need to take shower well, choose other hostel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It is in the steep hill so we take our luggage hard for arriving there. But it is not worst thing there. The shower room is very nonconvenient. U need to push a button than u just can take shower for only 5 minute! If water end, u need to open door and push a button again!!!
It is kind ridiculous. I don't recommend this hostel.
它位處在一個陡峭的山坡上,我們搬著行李上去非常的吃力,但這不是最糟的部份。它們的淋浴間極度的不方便,你需要在外面按一個按鈕然後你才有水可以洗...短短5分鐘!如果水沒了,你需要再走出來按一次按鈕,非常可笑,極度不推薦。

• Stayed September 2013

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Manarola is a beautiful town and this hostel is absolutely charming. It's a bit of a trek up the hill to get to it, but that is part of the fun. Cheap breakfast, 2 euros for delicious croissants and coffee and awesome cheap filling pasta in the evening for 5 euro. It has a lovely terrace that you can sit outside and chill on. We met some great travellers and sat outside in the evening and bought our own wine from the supermarket and drank it there, they didn't seem to mind. Cinque Terre is absolutely stunning and we didn't even do that much hiking, just enjoyed the beautiful scenery and swam in the refreshing sea. Staff in the hostel is really friendly and can help you out with anything. It has a very chilled atmosphere. Recommend it to anyone!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The way to the hostel is quite hard (espacially for people traveling with havy rucksacks or luggage) as you have to make your way all through the village upon the hill, almost to the highest point. This is even exhausting without anything to carry ;)

the staff is REALLY nice and helped us a lot! also the breakfast was good (if you have in mind that you're in italy ;) ) and the restaurant of the hostel is brilliant! it's cheap, the meals are delicious and the kitchen is typical italian! you can eat outside on the terrace fom where you have a nice look over the city!

the rooms are quite small, simple and the beds aren't very comfy.
but the biggest problem are the bathrooms. the showers are limited in time, so you get one coin a day, which allows you to take 1 five-minute shower. In summer, when you go swimming and hiking, this is quite annoying! Besides this, the bathrooms were flooded and unclean.

But the location and the price are good.
so i would recommend this hostel to anyone who is searching for a low butdget place to stay in cinque terre!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this hostel for a few nights and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious, quiet, and clean, and the people I met there were for the most part quite friendly. The hostel was easy to find, as you take the only main road in Manarola up and up. It’s a bit of a climb but is definitely manageable. To be honest, if you’re not ready to climb some hills in the Cinque Terre you might be in for a rude awakening. You need to provide your own locks for the lockers in the rooms, and they are very large and spacious. You receive one shower token per day, and I had no trouble getting a shower in with the time that was allotted. There was a restaurant on the main floor, although I can't say anything about the food there. I felt as if I got a very good value for the price I paid here, and this hostel is a very good place to base a trip to the Cinque Terre.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were only in the Cinque Terre for one night and we stayed at this hostel. It was perfect for our needs because we literally just needed a place to sleep at night after exploring and hiking during the day. My bf and I (ages 31 and 33) just completed our first backpacking experience through Italy and spent the day exploring the beaches and hiking in Cinque Terre (highly recommended!).

Here are our pros and cons of the hostel:

Pros-very nice staff, easy check in process, gorgeous view from the location, no lock out (you are given a key so that you can come and go 24 hours a day), locker for your belongings in room (make sure to bring your own lock).

Cons-the hostel is at the top of a very steep hill. I personally did not see this as a con at all. However, my boyfriend said it was harder to hike up that hill than climb to the top of the Duomo in Florence. We both had our backpacks and made it up just fine. If you are traveling with luggage or lots of baggage I highly recommend you pick a different spot. Other Cons-there is no air conditioning in any part of the building. We stayed here in July when the heat is very strong. There are ceiling fans in the rooms and windows but it didn't help when it's hot outside. I woke up in the middle of the night trying to kick off the blankets and sweating only to realize that there were no blankets on me-it was just really hot in the room. Also, I don't recommend using the blankets-they look ancient and have probably seen their last day (if you come in the summer you won't need the blanket).

Everyone comments about the showers and the timer. I honestly thought I would need more than 5 minutes to shower and so I purchased an additional token. However, I finished showering in less than 5 minutes and still had time to wash my clothes. I ended up leaving my extra token for the next person. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest we saw but they weren't disgusting. This is an older hostel so don't expect anything fancy. There are is only one outlet in each room however, this wasn't uncommon in the hostels we stayed in. We brought a mini power strip with us (along with an adapter) so that we could share with others and charge our iphone, camera or ipad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Heredia, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I spent one night at this hostel on my recent visit to Cinque Terre. Price-wise it was one of the best options I found in all 5 towns, and one of the few that offered female-only dorm rooms as I travel solo and prefer this option. However having stayed in many hostels before I can't really recommend it.

Pros:
- Good price during highest season
- Female only dorms
- Staff was nice and friendly

Cons:

- On top of a hill. I was lucky to be carrying just my backpack, but this could be an issue for someone carrying more luggage.
- No wifi in dorms.
- Only ONE electric outlet in a room for six people. Nowadays people travel with digital cameras, smartphones, tablets, etc, more than one outlet is definitely needed.
- Bathrooms could be cleaner. The showers had mold and toilets smelled like they hadn't been cleaned properly.
- No kitchen or place where you could prepare your own meals.

If you are only staying there for a night then the place is fine, but if you want to stay there longer I would recommend looking for a better option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Pragelato, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I won't recommend staying in this hostel. Manarola is the nicest village of all the five in my opinion. However if you can, find another nicer place to stay.
1) had to kill a bug in my room once I reached
2) only one charger point in whole room for 6 beds
3) only common room has wifi and there is only 2 charger points
4)one token per day for shower. Once u insert token, water runs for 5 minutes only. If u can't finish showering, good luck!
5) shower cubicle floods due to poor drainage. By the end of the 5 mins shower, your feet is submerged in your own soapy water
6) way up to hostel from railway station is all the way uphill. I have no issues but if you don't like upslope, this hostel is probably not for u

Saving grace - sheets are clean, the cook and service at the kitchen is not bad, reception is ok.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hostel Cinque Terre? Share your experiences!