“Good hotel with free WIFI” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Quo Vadis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazzale Cella 28, 3310 Udine, Italy   |
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Udine
St.Petersburg, Russia
“Good hotel with free WIFI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

Hotel is nice located 10 mins walking from r.w. station and the same distance to other direction to center of the city. Very good one with free WIFI access, clean rooms with flat TV. Breakfast would be improved. Udine itself is very charming small town - we liked to be there.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

Decent location (not right in the centre but not too far a walk away). Very nice receptionist. Parking next to hotel for a small fee. Easy to find. Room was clean but basic. Bed comfortable. TV only Italian channels. Breakfast was crap (and they charged for it!).
Price is quite cheap.

Due to the price, I will tend to recommend the hotel, but not completely with enthusiasm.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Islip, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

I do a get started... well first of all let's start from the reservation: I contected the hotel via phone for the first time on January 2nd, the phone rang but just answering machine with an italian record (just Italian?!??? In a hotel????!!!!). Well, I did not find it very professional, but the hotel was suggested to me from a friend that lives in Udine and told me that was really cosy and not expensive.
Well I tried again January 3rd.... just ansering machine! And this happened every time I tried since January 8th, when seems that somebody could talk to me. I inform about my arrival, I asked for a room, and they gave me the price (60 euros or something like that per night), without breakfast.
Ok. Deal! Near the historic centre, near the train station... what else could I ask?
Then they asked me for a cell number and time of arrival. I said that I should be in Udine around 2 AM but my cell phone doesn't work in Europe... and then they told me that usually the hotel at 2 AM is closed and if I don't have a cell number they cannot guarantee the reservation, because they the night clerk couldn't call me to check where I was... What hotel in the world closes during night???? I don't know?!!!??? What did that mean? That if I arrive at 2 AM there's nobody to check me in?
Well. Who cares... i will be in Italy for vacation. I don't want to be stressed! And I said that I will try to arrive at hotel before midnight.
The day came, I arrived a 4 PM, and a middle aged lady checked me in while chatting with a girl, without noticing me or talking to me. She just continued chatting with the girl, gave me the key and told me that the room was across the road in the "dependance". Then I understood that in italian Dependance is a building that has lower quality that the main building. My room didn't have even the washroom. It was located in a corridor outstide the room main door. It was little and worn, without any details. Then I tried to phone the front desk to ask for a room change: no way. Hotel's full. So I asked to leave. Because I don't stay in hotels where I could not have my privacy when I use the bladder and nobody advised me about that. The lady didn't agree and told me that I have to pay one night at least, because she took care of the reservation and she told me about the washroom.
Well... I said OK. I will spend just a night, but the day after I would like to have the breakfast included... no way... the breakfast is from 5,00 euros depending on what you eat.
Ok. I remained calm, I was just trying to start a good vacation, but there was not the case. The day after I checked out, I pay and I looked for another accomodation.
Don't choose Hotel Quo Vadis when in Udine. Just pick another one. Beware of italian budget hotel!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything....
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

We were visiting friends in Udine and stayed at the Hotel Quo Vadis.
This is a nice quiet hotel approximately 10 minutes walk from the centre of Udine. Breakfast is not included in the price - €75 per room per night for double room but can be had at a cost of €5 extra.

Rooms are very tastefully decorated. Ours was in the attic so the wooden beams were exposed. The bed was low but a bit hard for my liking. The bathroom was very large and the towels & supplies replenished each day. The staff were polite and the only little gripe
I have is the fact that we had bought some nice Italian cheese on Saturday and asked the male receptionist if they had a fridge where we could keep it overnight only to be told they did not have a fridge. A bit strange I thought in a hotel........

We were advised that there was a bar facility available but only bottled beer or spirits - the glass of wine I fancied unfortunately not available. How strange in Italy!!!

If you are lookin for a hotel to use as a base and plan to be out a lot then you wont go far wrong with this one but if you are looking for the little extras - maybe not.....

One thing to note - no lift in the hotel!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No lift or fridge
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Quo Vadis? Share your experiences!