We have nothing but praise for this hotel. First of all, the location was excellent -- a few blocks from the main plaza opening out to the Adriatic Sea, right in the old city center, nevertheless on a relatively quiet street. Our room, actually a suite with a kitchenette, was spacious and included all necessary amenities -- closet, dresser, tables, chairs, and a good view of the street from the window. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom had a bidet (!) and a good shower, etc. The breakfasts were plentiful, and delicious, including great cappuchinos, etc. (for which the city is famous). The innkeepers were gracious hosts, providing dinner recommendations and detailed directions to wherever we wanted to go, not charging us for taking the bottle of local wine provided in the room (part of a mini-bar of things that we could purchase), calling a taxi for us, and helping us with our luggage at the end of our stay. We arrived after normal check-in hours, and this was no problem at all -- Donatella, the front desk person with whom we dealt, sent us the code to their front door lock, and the key to our room was waiting for us inside. Aldo, the owner, whom we met during our stay, showed us the tree surrounded by a glass case, right next to the breakfast room, for which the inn is named--The Hidden Tree. There is also a Roman column, preserved, right there, in the middle of everything. L'Albero Nascosto also features a parlor on the ground floor, furnished with beautiful art deco antiques and paintings that would not have been out of place in a museum. We were completely satisfied and can't recommend this place highly enough! We hope to return and are spreading the word among our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Albero Nascosto" is part of a project for the restoration of the ancient historical center of Trieste, which is reviving one of the most interesting and bustling neighbourhoods in the city. The renovation of the ancient building has rigorously preserved the original atmosphere, white stone, hardwood, wrought-iron, essential lines and utmost simplicity being the characteristic features. All the studio-apartments are bright and have a bathroom, equipped kitchen unit, satellite TV, refrigerator, air-conditioning and wireless-internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Residence L'Albero Nascosto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Residence l Albero Nascosto
- Residence l Albero Nascosto Trieste