My husband & I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in mid July 2012 for a series of business meetings. In total our group had 5 rooms. Our room was in the main building (old building) the other 4 were in the newer building away from reception & sort of under the parking area. Our local employee in Trieste was great to have negotiated a good rate for all of us & he was kind enough to hand pick the room that my husband & I had.
The reception staff are very helpful & always try to accommodate your request. We ate a few times at the hotel. First night was very nice, great view. Fresh sea bass was delightful & plated at the table. They did however forget to bring my appetizer but were quick to correct if from the bill. The second meal was lunch with our bigger group. The food was good however once again incorrect orders & timing not in sync. Third meal timing of food was a problem. When they commented that I was still waiting for my main course my husband advised them that since everyone else had finished their meal that I no longer wished to have it. He also advised them that this was now the 3rd time similar problem had occurred. The head waiter was advised & he was very quick to apologize & bring complimentary desserts which were AMAZING. The food is nice at the hotel & I believe they have a great desire to improve the service & are genuinely concerned.
As for the hotel itself. Location is beautiful & quiet with breathtaking views. Rooms in our section of the hotel were very nice with good size bathrooms & toiletries. Beds comfortable. Access to the sea is a great plus & the food & service at the sea is very good. There is a few but one typically expects this in Europe. Location wise it is not within walking distance to Trieste (even though we did do it!) but there is the park area that provides a nice walk if you are up for a few kms. Taxi to the city is about 25 euro.
Only one last item, others in our group were moved to different rooms without notification by the front desk some not once but twice. Given that we were a late booking we do appreciate the hotel accommodating our group & my husband & I had NO issues with this at all. It would have just been nice if the hotel had advised the others of the move. Including items in their safe.
Overall, I do recommend this hotel & would gladly stay again as we travel to Trieste many times throughout the year for business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a natural park, straight on the sea, Hotel Rivera & Maximilian's offers classic, superior and deluxe rooms, as well as suites, all with seaview. Most of the rooms have a private balcony. The breakfast room and the restaurant have big panorama windows on the sea and a large terrace overlooking the Gulf and Miramare Castle. The high level restaurant serves local dishes and from italian tradition, based on fresh fish. The restaurant is an ideal location for weddings, as well as banquets, also for dinner for two with candle light. From the end of May until September our guest can descend to our beach wit a 30 m high lift, where they find a snack bar. The large parking area is free of charge for hotel guests. The conference room, with sea view, is at disposal for meetings. City centre can be reached with city bus nr.6 And in summer with a ship. Free wifi all over the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Riviera & Maximilian's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riviera And Maximilian`s
- Riviera Maximilians Trieste
- Riviera Maximilians Hotel Trieste