“Awful service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 25 Ice Cream in Trieste
“Awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Me and some friends came to this ice cream shop and wait inside for eat. Until here nothing uncommon, we ate our ice creams and when we were putting the money for paying, the waitress said loudly we don´t accept little coins with arrogance. The amount to pay was 10 euros and we put 9,30 euros and the last 0,70 cents we put in 1 and 2 cent coins... she was seing us putting the money together and ignores us for 10 minutes, then we have to talk to another worker that we were leaving the money in the table. For me this is unapceptable because money is money, we were paying not only the ice-cream but also the service. For me this is an awful experience for an overpriced service in the table, the ice cream was average, and for this bad service I'm not coming back and I don't reccomended. The only advice I could give the owner and coworkers if they don't want to lose clients the must think twice in how to treat the costumers

Visited May 2013

Trieste, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
“my favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

First, this is an ice cream/coffee shop, certainly it offers some limited food at meal time but it's not its main purpose.
From Spring to Autumn, it's possible to get a table in the open in the pedestrian street Viale XX di Settembre, so you can enjoy this nice place of the city. I like it specially in summer.
Here you can find the typical triestin coffee "capo in B", and a good menu of chocolates and tea. During summer you can have ice cream or the cold coffee cream which is very good.

As for alcoholics, their stock is limited, but if you wants to have a typical aperitif from the area (spritz, etc) you will find it here too.

• Visited November 2011