A very nice location, a clean and airy room, helpful reception staff and a reasonable price. Good? Absolutely, and a great alternative to a standard hotel. Trieste is an amazing, fascinating town apparently choosing tourism as its battleground for survival, and this residence will surely help Trieste win, and tourists enjoy it.
Let's now take my rosy-tinted glasses off, those I developed in dozens years as a tourist in Italy:
1. reception staff was busy for hours registering and welcoming guests, unavailable to provide information about the wi-fi connection they said was available in the lobby.
And who knows? Maybe there is one after all.
2. price is good for North-Eastern Italy, still quite higher than in very comparable locations in Slovenia and Croatia - very few dozen miles away.
3. The shower hand-held adjustable support is broken. And fixed - in a fixed position, farewell adjustability - with adhesive tape. And staff knows, and reports two have broken already.
The very natural implication is many of the rooms will end up with tape-fixed shower hand-helds as they will break, likely soon, and we shall live with it ... welcome to Italian hosting culture, I guess.
In the end: yes, come visit Trieste, and if you do, do come to Residence Sara. Expect standard Italian tourist level of service, and you may be in for a positive surprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situato nella zona pedonale del centro storico di Trieste, a 100 metri dal lungomare e a pochi passi dal porto, il Residence Sara offre sistemazioni spaziose con arredi eleganti.Le camere e gli appartamenti del Residence Sara sono ubicati in edifici separati del XVIII secolo. Gli alloggi sono tutti climatizzati e dotati di una TV a schermo piatto, di un bagno privato con asciugacapelli e articoli da toeletta, e di pavimenti in parquet o piastrellati.Il Residence Sara dista 5 minuti a piedi da Piazza Unità d'Italia e dalla Cattedrale di San Giusto, ed è circondato da numerosi negozi, ristoranti e caffetterie. Potrete gustare una colazione all'italiana con caffè e croissant presso un bar locale. ... more less