“Great value for money, excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars

Britannia Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Parisano, 90 | Marina Centro, 47900 Rimini, Italy   |
Ranked #325 of 602 Hotels in Rimini
Amsterdam, Netherlands
“Great value for money, excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had consistently great experiences with Britannia staff and management. The waiters serving at the tables are very helpful en attentive, the choice of dishes is truely generous Italian-style.
Their hartwarming helpfulness when we had difficulties in another hotel was touching. It saved our entire holiday from complete disaster. (This is nog a recommendation to make life difficult at their expense! But it certainly shows character.)
We will certainly return in future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east/south side are best suited toward the neighboring train lines.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marco A, Resp. commerciale at Britannia Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Many many many thanks. Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
bologna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had a huge snowfall in February 2012 and Hotel Britannia in the thick of it opened its doors to take in people in difficulty .

One night they hosted 70 people hit by the worst temeratures in 25 years in Italy ( -15 degrees c )
This amazing act of generosity I think will tell people visiting what type of people run this hotel and what sort of hearts they really have.

Yes this is not the usual write up about an hotel - but for people looking for an hotel with "soul" that seems to really CARE about people this seems the place !

In a time when we worry hotel owners scrimp and under provide or are just "faceless", these people deserve an award !

...and perhaps custom from clients who share the values of just caring about others

Amazing kindness.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wroclaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Excellent staff. Handy location for rail, and good facilities around. I had a fantastic room with free tea and coffee in the room which is not common in european hotels. Excellent breakfests and service during them. Price is so high for its facilities.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Timisoara, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

A nice 3 stars hotel, in the heart of Rimini, close to the sea, with very good food. The best thing about this hotel is its staff - incredible kind, helpfull, english speakers at the reception, relaxed and funny waiters. The hotel is not on a main road, but still we could hear the cars and motorcycles during the night, just like in the rest of the resort - an alive resort during the evening and night. Congrats to the owners of the hotel and the way they run it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

The absolute best thing about the Hotel Britannia is the warmth and helpfulness of the people. The manager is probably the warmest and most welcoming hotelier I've ever met in Italy, and the daytime desk clerk is not far behind. When I arrived, they apologized profusely for having to put me in a different hotel my first night (I was in Rimini for a week-long choral music workshop), and they took my bags to the other place and made sure I was well set up. The reason for this change was that the woman who had the room previously had felt ill that morning and had to stay another day. I know that if I had been in her situation I would have appreciated not being kicked out, and siince they did everything possible to make it easy on me I didn't mind at all. When I returned they had upgraded me from the single room I reserved to a double room, at no extra charge. What service!

The breakfast buffet was abundant and even included scrambled eggs (I need a bit of protein in the morning). The air conditioning worked fairly well, although I think that if the appliance had been located on the outside wall rather than just piped to it, it would have been more effective at dehumidifying (which is at least half the value of A/C). The bathroom was very small but quite manageable.

I left in the early afternoon, and the manager insisted that I have some lunch, and didn't charge me. They also insisted on making me a sandwich for the train.

The only complaint I have is that the bed was much too hard. I mentioned this to the manager, who said that Europeans like their beds very hard, but when I arrived at my (Italian) friends' home the next day they apologized for the hardness of their guest bed, which wasn't as hard as the one in the hotel. So I'm not entirely convinced about that. Yes, a bed needs to be firm, but the first couple of inches should have a little give so that it adjusts to your shape. They did, at my request, move the bedspread beneath the bottom sheet, which provided a small amount of cushioning, but it wasn't enough to avoid giving me backaches.

Room Tip: The website is ambiguous about the availability of a balcony, but guests should note that single roo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Britannia Hotel? Share your experiences!