We had the pleasure of staying for nearly 15 days in the Italian countryside at the Bigiola. Amid the quiet hills, we were still conveniently close to Rimini, the shopping and the beaches (20 min drive). The house itself is very well maintained, has comfortable bedding and comes equipped with rare and much appreciated mosquito screens. We were 2 families sharing 2 floors (11 people) and we found the house spacious enough. Mariolina is especially helpful at pointing out nearby worthwhile sites, shopping and places to avoid. She went out of her way for us to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
If we may suggest some constructive criticism:
1. Internet service was recently set up and proved very challenging for our 4 adolescent kids. They could only get good reception in the main staircase or in the basement where the router is located.
2. Kitchenware was a little limited. They could definitely invest in some glasses and cultery.
3. Because of the summer heat, we found it difficult to sleep well at times. It would be a worthwhile investment to have a couple of window air conditioners on the top floor at least.
We highly recommend La Bigila to those travellers looking for a peaceful, typical experience in Emilia Romagna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, romantic, situated in an enchanting landscape between the hills and the sea, very close to center town and seaside, villa La Bigiola is ready to welcome you for a relaxing and charming holiday, if this is the first time you visit Rimini you will be certainly surprised by how much can offer our city and and the beautiful city nearby! ... more less