“Bike tours” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Regina Elena, 32, 47900 Rimini, Italy   |
Ranked #104 of 602 Hotels in Rimini
“Bike tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Great staff and food! The bike tour was awesome and the guides were friendly and attentive. We were intermediate riders and they made sure we did rides that were at our level. Highly recommend the hotel and bike your, it was worth ever penny!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel itself is nice, but not opulent. Clean, but simple. Nice pool area with bar/grill service just a few feet away. The location is best served from someone looking for nightlife and being right on the beach. We were taking part in a cycling package vacation and would have preferred to be away from the "The Strip", but it wasn't overly busy when we went and it was only a short walk to a more historic area with some nice shopping and restaurants. Overall, the hotel food was fine, but because our package included three meals a day with a selected menu we didn't get to try a lot of different things. Still, it was fine and the wait staff were very attentive. When booking a room make sure you make sure you are not getting the entry level room. Not sure what happened, but we were told we would have to move to a different room after our first night. A little inconvenient, but not a huge deal, so ok. The room we were put in later was crazy small. I've never seen a hotel room this small... even by European standards. I told them that this was not the room we were promised in our cycling tour deal and if it couldn't get rectified we were going to stay across the street and ask to have our package pro-rated. Our 3rd night, we had a much nicer room, lots of space, nice bathroom to match. In all candor, I have a feeling it had more to do with the cycling tour company giving the hotel incorrect dates so the hotel had to scramble. The package price for the tour was a really good deal so it was hard to complain (too much), but I agree with another review. If you do the cycling tour, having to cycling through town to get started was a little bit of a bummer. Granted, it was only about a 10 minute ride, but still. I want to see the Italian countryside. (for those looking to do the cycling tour though, the guides were very cool and we had no issues). I would not stay here again if I was not doing the cycling deal again because that was really the only reason why we were there in the first place. That is not a dig on the hotel. It's just that if you're wanting to take in the Italian countryside then chances are you're not going to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ferrettibeach, Director of Sales at Ferretti Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your time to provide feedback.

We are glad to have been able to accommodate you with your room request. The first room you are referring to is a standard room size anywhere in Europe. The room you were upgraded was an over - sized room at no additional charge to you.

Yes, you package included 3 meals and gave you an great value. You were welcome to try other restaurants if you liked to but still have the option to take advantage of the meals included in your package.

Please contact the cycling company with any questions regarding your reservation if you fell like there was a mistake.

Our location allows us to be directly at the beach and still plan routes through the countryside. Perfect cycling roads are 5 - 8 minutes away from our hotel. If that was inconvenient for your we gladly would have shuttled you by van the 3 miles to the back country.

Again, I want to thank you for your time. If you would allow us again to host your please contact us and I will personally guarantee you an all inclusive trip tailored to your needs including shuttle service and room upgrade.

Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We booked a one week cycling vacation through a Living Social offer. However, what started out as a good deal deteriorated after being informed that we had to pay a high season supplement, and the price of a bike rental went from under $300 to $350 for the week.

The hotel is nice and the deal included 3 meals a day. The food was generally good, though the menu didn't vary. The "spa" isn't very well maintained, though the outdoor pool is quite nice. However, the hotel is near a bar and off a busy street, so it was necessary to keep the windows and balcony door closed and the shades drawn at night. Note of warning: DO NOT plan a stay during the Rosa Notte holiday. For 2 sleepless nights, music blasted from speakers on the beach nonstop from 10 pm to 6 am.

Re: the cycling. (1) The road bikes were higher end, and included Pinarello, Bianchi, and the local manufacturer Battaglin (which were the heaviest in the bunch). (2) The guides, especially Salvatore, who was the only one who spoke English, were attentive. On one ride, however, our guide stayed with the stronger riders on a climb, leaving several others stranded at a fork in the road for a half hour, not knowing which way to turn. (3) The hotel location, in a dense beach resort area, required riding 10-20 km through city streets and and busy industrial area before reaching the less trafficked country roads. The views of the Adriatic and the surrounding farmland from the hilltop towns and the principality of San Marino were lovely. However the prospect of having to ride back through an urban zone detracted from the overall experience.

Having ridden many times throughout Europe, I wouldn't rank this among the best cycling destinations. My preference is staying in small towns and riding directly out onto quiet roads. However, for a mixed group of cyclists and non-cyclists, Hotel Ferritti provides opportunities for both to enjoy a vacation in Italy.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room not facing the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
ferrettibeach, Director of Sales at Ferretti Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always very important to me to learn about our guests experience and overall stay.

I am also disappointing to learn about your negative remarks. I want to make sure I respond to the prices you mentioned. When we promoted our travel package the customer received an incredible overall value. We keep our high - season very short in order to avoid any long higher priced periods. As with any other information we always include the high - season period in any of our communication so that the guest knows when they choose to travel during high - season there is a high - season fee associated with it. I believe this is clearly stated and common practice worldwide.

Regarding the rental bikes. The bikes are extremely expensive. When you choose to rent a bike there is a rental fee for the usage which I also think is not uncommon.

Overall my highest priority is to make this experience the best it can be. I want to personally guarantee you that if you give us your trust again and decide to travel to Italy I will ensure that we make up for any shortcoming you feel you have experienced. Please contact me personally for a discounted price and some gifts I want to include for you.

Thank you.
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Ferretti Beach Hotel is good standard hotel. I would give it 3stars for rooms and balconies (too small) but five stars for location (just across the street to the beach, and four and a half stars for service. I spent two weeks there in July 2014 and I am very satisfied especially with receptionist Matteo, who was really helpful and communicative. I would recommend Ferretti Management to give him some salary raise;-) Breakfast are not too rich but I assume it is Italian standard: you can order eggs but generraly small selection of cheeses or salami/ham, but very rich selection of sweets and fruits, no vagatables, good cappucino. In spite of the fact that there is very busy pub in front of the hotel, windows are very good and you do not hear the noise if you close them and open air-condition. Wi-fi often out of order, but nice stay - thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ferrettibeach, Proprietario at Ferretti Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your rewiev , for us is always very important give the best service to all our guests . Best regards , Ferretti Beach Staff
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed for a week at the Ferretti Beach Hotel as part of a Battaglin bicycle tour and we couldn't have been more pleased. If I could give this place 6 star, I would. The hotel is modern, clean as a whistle and extremely well run. The staff is very, very, friendly and efficient, and our room was fantastic. The restaurant staff were fantastic, and the food and wine were very, very good. I was at the hotel at the same time that "elphiebird's" group was there, and the hotel and restaurant staff put a tremendous amount of effort into trying to please everyone. The variety of antipasto dishes offered at lunch and dinner was tremendous (there were at least THIRTY different menu choices each day, but I guess that's not enough "variety" for some...). The spread at breakfast was also incredible. Manual and his waitstaff were fabulous and went he went out of his way to accommodate us. The biking was incredible, and the guides were knowledgeable and personable. I would recommend this hotel and Battiglin to my family and friends without reservation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ferrettibeach, Proprietario at Ferretti Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you very much :) we hope to see you soon at Ferretti Beach Hotel .
best regards from all the Ferretti Beach STAFF
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on an inclusive cycling package along with a group of 9 others. 8 of us also rented bikes.
I'll start with the good points of the visit:
The tour guides were excellent. The routes were great. They did a great job providing for 2 different skill level of riders in our group.
Now for the rest of the story:
The hotel and room are nothing beyond adequately maintained and run. The food was nothing special and very repetitive day to day. The antipasto choices never varied much. Our inclusive package did not include ANY beverages. Not even water.
Being a larger group we were made to feel like an imposition at times on the resturant. It's not like they had any problem booking us and knew full well we were coming.
3 of our rental bikes had major mechanical issues which resulted in problems during the rides.
Last but not least and actually something out of their control but good to be aware of.....there is a very loud bar directly behind the hotel which is open late into the night.
I will add that several of the waitstaff did put in a good effort. They also pull a great espresso. We attended a very well done cooking demo at the pool that was fun also.
So this is not a hotel or cycling adventure I will be recommending to friends.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
ferrettibeach, Manager at Ferretti Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your time to give us feedback. Constructive criticism is very important to us in order to improve every day.

I want to address a few points brought up by you in order to clarify parts of your review. You mentioned that our rooms and hotel are "adequately" run and maintained. It would be helpful to know what exactly makes you think that way. Our hotel was recently renovated. I personally check the cleanliness and perfect working condition of every part of our property on a daily basis. In which way did we fail your expectations exactly? Why did you not mentioned anything to me or my staff during your stay?

You inclusive package included 3 meals per day and also water to every meal and wine for dinner. I don't know how you can claim otherwise. A gourmet breakfast, a choice of lunch menu as well as a multi - course chef prepared dinner daily. You received a daily changing menu with a wide selection of typical Italian antipasto.

You feel like an "imposition" in our restaurant? Can you please clarify what or who made you fell this way. We were excited to have you with us. Especially as a returning guest and our goal was to provide you with the best customer service.

It is unfortunate to experience any technical issues with your equipment and it is especially frustrating when this happens while you are on vacation. This however was out of our control and we offered you a refund immediately to make up for any frustration this may have caused.

You stayed with us during one of the biggest festivities of the year. During our renovating we also installed double windows that block out ANY sound. By the way, you room was not facing the water so I wonder how you still can hear any sound coming from the beach?

Overall I am disappointed to read you review. We were happy to have you as a returning guest. You stayed with us 2 years prior and enjoyed your stay. When you decided to return we were excited and knew that we made even more progress from your last visit.

None of your concerns were ever brought up to any of my staff during your stay. I encourage everyone of my team to address and fix any issue without approval by management immediately.
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Rimini Beach is like Daytona Beach on steroids. If that weren't bad enough, this is an old property. There were a lot of signs of aging - even cracked window panes in the lobby area. And if you like to sleep at night, good luck - no wall/window insulation = all outside noise permeates unhindered, and there is a LOT of noise. "Cooking class" for extra fee was a 15-minute demonstration. Their restaurant food was surprisingly good; probably the only redeeming factor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello,

Thank you for your time to provide feedback. I appreciate every feedback in order to always improve our property on a daily basis. It is my highest priority to make every guest happy and to ensure every guest enjoys our beautiful hotel and country. With negative feedback like yours it is very important to me to dissect each concern in order to re - shift our focus and improve in every area we can.

For that reason I am disappointed to read your feedback. I am not sure if it is fair to compare our city with Daytona Beach. I have been personally to Daytona Beach many times and absolutely don't agree with you. We have rich history and a beautiful historic part that is worth visiting for every guest looking for the real and historic Italy. Our beach is one of the best in Italy and very well maintained. Besides our natural beauty we boast a selection of the best museums in the country.

You also comment on the condition of our property. Our hotel was recently completely renovated including new double windows etc. I personally walk the hotel every day to ensure proper cleanliness and perfect condition. I don't know which "cracked" window panes you are referring to. No wall / window insulation? We installed new double windows recently that block out ANY sound.

We receive a lot of positive feedback on our cooking class which average 30 - 45min. How come you did not mention anything to me personally or my staff about your concerns? Also, there was no extra fee for your cooking class. You received it complimentary as part of your package.

We offered you to change rooms immediately after we learned from your noise issue and also offered you a refund for any inconvenience this might have caused. You stated in an email that you are very happy with your new room and the problems are resolved. No comment or feedback was given to us after this.

Overall I have to admit, my staff and I are disappointing to read you review after we fixed the only complain brought up by you immediately.

Been to Ferretti Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!