My business contact on Parma book this hotel for me at an excellent rate.
- room was ample, modern light, airy, clean and well equipped
- bathroom, reasonably ample, shower ok good pressure, the "rocket" is nothing extravagant nor new, fairly common in Italy, it does offer the possibility of "water massage" not bad ..., good free toiletries
- free broadband internet offered ... you have to get a user name and pass word from the desk, due to "anti-terrorists measures" of which our American friends should be well aware ... slightly inconvenient though since computer is placed in the lounge ...
- good restaurant with very good service
- parking facilities ok
- hotel fairly quiet, sound proofing quite effective
- hotel situated outside Parma, in an industrial area and next to a very busy road .... it is quite impossible to walk down to Parma, you definetly need to take your car or get a taxi
- secular park mentionned on the web site is a joke, I have seen larger gardens
- photos displayed on the web site are showing the nice looking villa but not the adjacent rather ugly modern structure ....
- TV with lot of channels but none in English though
- breakfast "buffet" to forget, you can easily do without and you probably will feel better
- at the time of my visit, the receptionist was coaching a new female clerk, who was totally helpless and hopeless ... she first tried to take my credit card without showing me first the bill to check and as expected there were quite a few undue charges ... the receptionist had to go through the bill, lost quite some time ...
- we had a power failure at 07:00 .... hopefully not every day though .... quite disturbing when you are under the shower !!!
ALL IN ALL NOT A BAD HOTEL FOR THE PRICE I PAID
- Also Known As:
- My 1 Hotel Villa Ducale
- My One Hotel Ducale
- My One Parma
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MOH Villa Ducale hotel in Parma is the spectacular result of a harmonious coalescence of contrasting architectural styles.First constructed as the official residence for one of Parma's noble families, it has since been transformed into a luxurious hotel, which in two "dedicated" wings, offers either the characteristic charm of the historic building or the serene environment created by innovative modern design.Just one km from the 'Parma Centro' motorway exit and just a few minutes from the historic city centre, the hotel boasts an ideal strategic location which yet again reflects its distinctive duality of history and modernity.Tourists can spend a captivating holiday discovering the many artistic, gastronomic and musical treasures that Parma has to offer; a city that still pays homage in many artistic forms to the Maestro of Italian opera, Giuseppe Verdi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Otel so you can book your My One Hotel Villa Ducale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.