“Excellent location, good hotel and service” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Bodoni, 3, I-43100 Parma, Italy   |
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Parma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vaison-la-Romaine, France
“Excellent location, good hotel and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nice rooms and bathrooms, beds a bit hard but overall everything is of good quality. Good service. Very good breakfast. Perfectly located. Not exceptional, but perfectly OK, particularly if you get a good (discounted) price (which was our case). Price/quality is based on seriously discounted price. Full one is a bit steep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Zadar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I liked my 9 nights stay in this stylish decorated hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, even the bathroom. There is a free WI-FI and a computer in the lobby if you need it. I liked the breakfast room very much, the breakfast is very good and you can taste the typical products from Parma, as prosciutto crudo and parmensan cheese. If you don't want to drink coffee from the machine, just ask the waiter to bring you espresso or capuccino... I have to mention the friendly staff in the breakfast room and at the reception desk. As I booked via booking.com, and I had to go back home one day earlier, I asked if I can cancel the last night. They offered me a computer in the lobby where I could cancel it. Very nice of them. The location of the hotel is perfect, just 5 minutes walk from the main square. There is a nice street Via Martiri whith a lot of nice caffes and restaurants, shops where you can buy famous cheese and ham.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

When we arrived after a long journey by car with the baby not sleeping for a while in the back we were extremely disappointed by the reception in this hotel. Several points made us tick:
1. Even though we reserved one month in advance, we had to pay a nearly double as high price as we would have paid if we would have booked the day of our arrival.
2. The price for the parking for the car per day was far too high and they wanted to charge us even an additional day because we wanted to leave the car one hour longer than checkout time.
3. Nobody helped us to move our things up to the room (hotel is rated 4 star).
4. What a room: Probably because we booked well in advance and we stated that we need a baby bed, they gave us the darkest room with hardly any window and daylight. Everything in it looked as renovation was overdue.
5. The breakfast and all its ingredients looked real tired. If you wanted to have a café, the worst you can do was to use the automatic café machine on the buffet table. We realized only the second but last day of our stay that if you ask, they make you a real café in the back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

A great place to stay in a fantastic city. The room was fantastic and the breakfast was excellent, with great service. One of the best places i have found to stay in Italy and great value.
It is walking distance to the station and just over an hour from Parma to Milan, I am looking forward to returning to stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Beautiful Parma city close to center hotel . The city is cute and historical for Verdi plays. I have been here for 2 days and I am starting to write since I got hired in a company where I will travel to buy food products from all over the world.This place is clean cute and services are good. Free wifi was provided. I was able to enjoy a fast but qualitative breakfast

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mercure Parma Stendhal? Share your experiences!