This is a fairly small hotel. The reception area is quite tiny. The lift is the smallest I have ever been in - smaller even than the one at the Holiday Villa Hotel in London. Luckily my room was on the second floor, so I used the stairs. The room is of a decent size, though the wallpaper was rather too pink for me. The beds are comfortable enough. The TV is rather small, and apart from the BBC news and TV5 (French) everything was in Italian.
The bathroom is very small. The shower cubicle is a quarter cylinder, and a tight squeeze. Hot water is plentiful, and much needed during the unseasonably cold weather. I think the furnace had been turned off, so the room was a little chilly at times.
Unfortunately, there are no coffee making facilities in the room.
Breakfast is fairly good - plenty of fresh fruit, lovely ham and good coffee. There is also a wide selection of filled croissants, but they were not well labelled, so it was often a matter of guesswork what the filling might be. I only found one plain, unfilled croissant during my stay. Sliced bread does not seem to be available, and the only eggs I saw were scrambled.
It is a 10 minute walk to the centre of town, and the traffic is light.
The staff are quite helpful, though not effusively friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre with lovely view of the historic sites, the Palace Maria Luigia, with its highly regarded Restaurant “Maxim’s”, is the reference in Parma, the cradle of Italian cuisine. The public areas enhanced with the view of the patio garden, the rooms and suite have been recently refurbished in elegant and refined style. The fully equipped conference centre provides an excellent meeting venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Palace Maria Luigia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace Maria Luigia Parma
- Palace Maria Luigia Hotel