“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 104 hotels in Bologna
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We (A family of 4) have just returned from a 2 night stay in Bologna. We really enjoyed this modern hotel in an excellent location.

We had 2 executive rooms, one of which was with a big terrace overlooking a nice garden. The rooms are modern, big and new.

Location: Excellent location and is a 5minute walk to the central train station. Shopping is all over the street where the hotel is located.

Breakfast: Decent breakfast in a very nice breakfast room (A theater style room)

Overall experience: Excellent

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
iportici, Sales Department at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear Sir,

we are deligthed that you enjoyed the time you spent with us.
It is great to read that your experience at I Portici Hotel was "execellent"; aboveall we really thank you for your lovely review.

We hope to welcoming you soon.

554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I loved the modern, minimalist and light-filled reception area when I arrived at i Portici and was excited about my stay. Sadly the room we had did not meet expectations. The street noise was unacceptable day and night - some sound proofing on the windows is required. The Aircon was very annoying - if you left it on at night it kept switching itself on and then off quite loudly and was impossible to control. The shower in our room was a pokey plastic unit that was very cheap and annoying to use - not sure why they chose this option as the rest of the bathroom had expensive fixtures and fittings. Lastly, I couldn't figure out why the bed was so uncomfortable to sleep in and finally I pulled the bottom sheet off to find a PLASTIC matress protector sheet on the matress. I hope they don't use these in all the rooms, and hope it was mistakenly put on our bed as it is not acceptable in the August heat of Bologna to have to put up with this in a top hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the train station and all that central Bologna has to offer. The staff at reception were nice.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
iportici, Sales Department at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Sirs,

we are very sorry for your disappointed.
In order to further investigate the service issues we would appiciate if you could to provvide us possibly the room number where you was in.
Indeed, we thank you for the nice comment about our staff and location.
We would be very grateful if you would give us a new opportunity.

Please accept our apologize on more time.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel was hip and modern... white rooms... close to historic center, so it was easy for us to arrive by car. This is a nice location to do some shopping and to explore bologna...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind review.
We are happy tha you enjoyed our property and its location.
Looking foward to welcome you again, we send our best regards.

Sales department
Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights at the end of our 9 day trip to Italy because we were leaving early in the morning for the airport in Bologna. The hotel is nice and very modern. Our room was very clean. The only thing I didn't like was that the shower head was one of those rain showers that are attached to the wall which isn't convenient if you don't want to get your hair wet! But that wouldn't stop me staying at this hotel.

Some people commented on the noisy mini-bar. It was indeed quite loud and quite useless too as we put some water in it and it hardly cooled it. As for the noise it makes there was a note that it automatically turns off at 9.30pm. Ours didn't turn off by itself so we turned it off from a button at the back for the duration of our stay.

Overall a nice clean hotel to stay in. I can't comment on the breakfast though as we didn't have any (15euros extra per person).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
iportici, Sales Department at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

thank you to have choose our property to spend your last days in Italy.
And we are happy that you liked our hotel.
Please note that the amenites set has also a shower cap.

Bologna, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We only paid 89 Euro for the night, which is cheap considering the location.

The strange thing is that this hotel is a perfect example of pennywise/pound foolish.
It looks like they were out of money at some stage.

The wardrobe/minibar/shower/tv look like my old student dorm.

The airconditioning problem (see previous comments from other visitors) still has not been fixed.

If they would allow me to spend only Euro 4.000 per room for a minor refurbishment, we could make a huge difference.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

At first I was skeptical about the "minimalist" style and furnishing, but the rooms were very comfortable and well-appointed. IMy husband and I loved it! Duvets were very soft and cozy, and the bathroom, while small, had every amenity. Did not eat in the restaurant, but the outdoor bar was lovely. Pricey, though. The location is great - close to restaurants, train station and key attractions. One minor "nit" - we bought a bottle of white wine to enjoy in the park next to the hotel, but the mini-bar fridge was useless in getting it cold, even after 8 hours.

Dear Guest,

your review is so lovely!
We are very glad that you enyoed the duvets; they appeals to everybody.
Above all, thank you to reported the problem to the minibar fridge: the guest comments and suggestion will help us to ensure that their stay will meet their expectations.

We looking foward to welcome you again.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed at I Portici twice within a 4 day period. The location is great, within easy walking distance to the train station, the Bologna restaurant area, and historical sites. Each room was very nice, one larger than the other, and we loved the duvet on their beds. One of the rooms had an outside terrace with table and chairs, great for kicking back.

The restaurant was closed for their summer holiday, but the breakfast was good. I Portici has a wonderful outside bar area, where we enjoyed nightcaps. The hotel is located adjacent to a nice park, and there is a great flea market just a block away on Saturday's.

There is some street noise, but it was not an issue for us, and I have stayed in far noisier hotels. The hotel is clean, well kept, and the staff were wonderful. If you are traveling from the USA, the rooms and bathrooms are smaller than what you would expect at home, but we did not have any issues.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
iportici, Sales Department at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your great comment!
We are very happy to be your first choice in Bologna and will work to don't betray your expectation.
We looking foward to welcome you again.

Sales Departement
I Portici Hotel Bologna

Been to I Portici Hotel? Share your experiences!