“Delicious polenta and sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 1,306 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Reading, PA
3,298 helpful votes 3,298 helpful votes
“Delicious polenta and sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

As we stared at the menu, the owner asked if she could help us. She then translated and explained the entire menu for us. My husband ordered the polenta spina (loose polenta) with mushroom sauce and I got the special of three different types of sandwiches I wanted to try - piadine, tigelle and crescentine. The owner warned us this was WAY too much food for two people, but I wanted to try all the different sandwiches.

There was a list of many different fillings for the sandwiches. They all sounded good to me, so I told the owner to select the appropriate filling for each of the sandwiches. I told her I really wanted to try the local soft cheese, squaquerone. Two of the sandwiches - the piadina and the crescentine had this cheese. All of the sandwiches were delicious and made with home made bread. The crescentine was a fried dough stuffed with fillings and the tigelle was a rustic stuffed bread. Everything was so delicious and she was right - it was too much food but we managed to eat most of it.

The place is very small and it does mainly take out business. You order at the counter and eat at one of the 5 or so tables. You can also buy small bottles of wine and beer. We "rolled out" after paying 25 euros for very tasty food and wine. I highly recommend this place for super casual, simple, tasty, filling food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bologna, Italy
“Great food and a very nice family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

It isn’t very common to find polenta on menus here in Bologna so I really wanted to go eat at this restaurant. Great food, great value and the owners are very welcoming and friendly. We ordered the dish to try all kinds of polenta that was enough for three people. I'm planning to go back there today!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris, France
“Great traditional food served by a lovely family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great polenta served by a lady who remembers your name after the 2nd day. Well worth a visit. Try the polenta with gorgonzola cheese on the bottom. Also the piadina are excellent, a mix between a pizza and a sandwich

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
long island
“Cant miss in Bologna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This little place is not to be missed. Prices reasonable, typical northern italian food, friendly owners who, though they speak a little english, gladly welcomes americans and other english speaking folks. They might even share a shotof their homemade liquor they keep under the counter. Do not hesitate to check this place out. Buy the polenta sampler and the piadine are also a must try, especially the proscuitto and cheese one.

Visited October 2013
Bologna, Italy
“Fantastic authentic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I went there last night. We both had amazing polenta dishes. The food was authentic and delicious. You can tell that the owners were extremely excited about their products and were very helpful. I can not wait to go there again!

• Visited October 2013