“Perfect b&b” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geraardsbergen, Belgium
“Perfect b&b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Every thing was perfect. It felt as we were at home. Breakfast was excellent and mr Giovanni was very kind and very helpful. When we should visit Bologna an other time we should return to B&B Santo Stefano. We stayed there 5 nights and we regretted that we had to return at home!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

one word.... excellent!!

I only stayed one night but the impression I got was extremely good.

Clean, modern, quiet and comfortable. Puts most hotels to shame at the same price category.

Breakfast was amazing.

My only slight complaint was the wireless internet was unreliable and weak.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Ede, Gelderland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I Stayed at B&B Santo Stefano in october for 5 days.

The B&B is just a few minutes walk of the historic center of Bologna.
Also easily to reach by bus. Even on sundays if you want to vistit other towns in Emilia Romagna.

Giovanni welcomed me, showed me the room, gave information about the B&B and what you could do in Bologna. When I went home Giovanni also said personally good-bey.

The information and pictures about the B&B at the own website corresponded with the reality or I couls say: the reality was even better.

My room was spacious with a small ensuite, but very clean bathroom. The towels were changed each day. The room was cleaned every day. The living room/ dining room was comfortable and accessible at all times. The breakfast was delicious. With every morning a great cappuccino and fresh orange juice. All the breads and pastries were fresh even at 7.30 a.m! During the day you could take coffee, tea, fruit, mineral water or fruit juice for free.
The bookcase in the corridor contained an interesting collection of books.

When I will return in the future to Bologna, I would only stay in B&B Santo Stefano

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Woking
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

stayed with friends for 2 nights in September. Great location, very comfy beds, fantastic bathroom ( we had the room at the back) and generous breakfast. Far preferable to staying in a soulless hotel with no personal touches. Felt like we were staying In a very stylish apartment rather than a B&B. highly recommend. Giovanni also allowed us to cancel one of the rooms for another couple without any charge. it was last minute cancellation so therefore very kind of him.

Room Tip: One at the back for bigger bathroom and it is more quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Venice Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed two nights at Giovanni's fantastic B&B, just a few minutes away from Bologna's historic center. Giovanni was an amazing host. As informative, courteous and helpful as you would expect to find in a first class hotel concierge. He outlined Bologna's major attractions on a city map, called restaurants to make dinner reservations, suggested I visit Il Teatro Anatomico, a truly amazing 15th century University of Bologna medical lecture hall, where Bologna's finest physicians taught anatomy to prospective medical students. A must see.

But the true find here is Giovanni's B&B. Nothing has been left to chance. Each of the three bedrooms is spotless and luxuriously appointed. Comfortable, spacious bed. Desk and seating area. The private bathrooms offer individual bathrobes and slippers, an amenity I did not find in any other B&B or hotel during my travels.

The communal living and breakfast area is decorated in a sleek, ultra modern style offering spectacular views of Bologna's famed arched boulevards. The breakfast was by far the most varied and nutritious of any I came across during the month I spent traveling through Italy. Best described as "All You Can Eat." Fresh cold cuts, fruits, breads, pastries, yogurts. On top of that that, one of Giovanni's employees is a lovely woman who prepares fresh cakes, cookies and pastries every morning. Not only is she a terrific cook, she also makes a great cappuccino.

Staying at B&B Santo Stefano was like vacationing in a five star hotel. Without having to pay those exorbitant prices. If and when I return to Bologna, this is the only place I would ever stay.
James, Venice Beach, California

Room Tip: I would request a room with a view of Via Santo Stefano. Those Bolognese arches are something to be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The owner is lovely and helpful and the breakfast is to die for!
The whole hotel has been stylishly renovated and I would recommend a stay here.
The hotel is with walking distance to the main square.

• Stayed September 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Over the past 10 years, my wife Hana and I have been to Italy numerous times, and have probably stayed in 40+ smaller boutique hotels or quiet B&B's. But I would have to say that our recent stay at B&B Stefano in the heart of historic Bologna, make it our favourite B&B ever! This is high praise, but the owner Giovanni (and his staff Milli) have earned the praise. Let me explain.
Giovanni has painstakingly renovated this property recently - with an attention to detail and level of quality you might expect in a million$$++ home, but you do not typically see in a B&B. From Frette linens in your room and a true spa quality bathroom complete with large soaker tub, to the NY loft vibe in the sunshine filled common room, B&B Stefano is a cut above at a very fair price. And this is just the beginning.
No request was too much for Giovanni, whether it was extras at breakfast or reservations for the best restaurants in Bologna or making recommendations to find a specific book on Bologna we were looking for, he consistently exceeded expectations. For example, at breakfast Milli made my husband eggs every morning accompanied with as many barista quality cafe's as requested. For dinner Giovanni saw to it that we had reservations for some of the best restaurants (quality not price) we have ever experienced in Italy... from Osteria Bottega to Tamburini. Although granted, the fact we were we were in Bologna made the task a little easier! :)

This is a small B&B with three rooms available. Despite being completely booked during our four night stay, we felt as though the entire flat was occupied only by ourselves. The level of service we experienced was comparable and even better than most 4 or 5 star hotels - quiet, unobtrusive, yet always available when required.

In closing, my only regret in writing this review is that the word really gets out about B&B Stefano, and there's no room for us on our next trip to Bologna! BRAVO Giovanni!! Ciao until our next trip where we look forward to staying at B&B Stefano again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to B&B Santo Stefano? Share your experiences!