“Second Visit equally perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B Bologna nel Cuore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bologna
B&B Bologna nel Cuore
You added B&B Bologna nel Cuore to your Saves list
Via Ceasare Battisti 29, 40123 Bologna, Italy (Saragozza)   |
Ranked #1 of 238 Bologna B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Second Visit equally perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I can only repeat the sentiments of my review from 2011, as well as the reviews of the other guests of Maria Ketty--staying with her is a superb experience! Wanted to add that the new apartment Topazio is designed so that it is completely comfortable to use as 2 bedrooms. The sleeper sofa is of high quality, and the bathroom is positioned to provide privacy from either of the big rooms. Bologna is one of my favorite places in Italy. With the hospitality at this B&B and the fine food available in this city, you can't go wrong putting it on your itinerary.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
It 's been so nice to welcome you again in my B & B, dear Linda, and more welcoming you in the company of your friends you want to share the experience of Bologna!
You were wonderful guests, and it makes me really happy to know that Bologna has remained in your "Heart"! Thank you very much for your description of the Topazio apartment, I'm sure it will be useful for travelers using Trip Advisor. Thanks also for the kind words you've spent on my beloved city.
See you in Bologna ....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I are from Canada and have travelled around the world. Upon entering the b and b you will notice that it is AMAZINGLY clean. The walls are clean, floors are clean, fresh sheets and the bathroom is so clean I could sleep in the tub. The air con is amazingly powerful and you have access to tons of tv channels. Maria even offered to do a load of our dirty laundry for us which helped us out A LOT. It came back to us smelling fresh and clean. Breakfast was really nice and it had a few options for us to pick from. If you are staying on bologna, this place is a MUST. For a hundred euro a night I felt like I was robbing her. Thanks for everything Maria I wish all rooms in Italy were as lovely as yours

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Chiachi,

I'm very happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at my B&B.
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
I'm sure that your comment will be useful for the travellers who decide to spend a few days in Bologna.

Thanks again!

Richmond, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

With so many superb reviews, you must already know that this is the ultimate and best place to stay in Bologna. Perhaps I can offer some different insights because my wife and I stayed two months, first in the Rubino and then in the Topazio apartment.

Rubino is on the first floor and Topazio is on the ground floor. Topazio is a bit larger, which is mostly noticeable in its larger kitchen. Rubino, though smaller, has a certain magic charm, perhaps because in the morning when the light comes through the windows you see the courtyard trees and can imagine yourself in a country inn rather than in the historic center only a few steps from Piazza Maggiori.

Whether you stay in one of the apartments or in the bed and breakfast, there is one element that no other place has: Maria Ketty, the owner. She is charming, she is beautiful, she is efficient, and she will do things out of the goodness of her heart that you would never expect. She introduced us to people at her bank, she drove me to the emergency room at the hospital very late one night, and she was always there to help with her time and her knowledge. She represents the best in the modern Italian woman. So my recommendation is to stay at B&B nel cuore because then you will have the good luck to meet Maria Ketty.

Room Tip: If you are alone, I think I would always choose the Rubino apartment for its charm. If there are two...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Oh Spencer what a nice review!
I thank you so much for what you have written about my activity and especially about me.
During your stay in Bologna I understood that you are a very careful observer, and it has been proved by your comment.
Thank you very much dear Spencer, Im sure that your careful description of my apartments will be very helpful to the Tripadvisor users.

See you on your next trip to Bologna..
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in Maria's new apartment which is perfect, almost. The new door on the apartment jammed with my wife inside on a Saturday night. No locksmith. No fire department. Nobody answering. But Maria never strayed from the rescue efforts, even getting a neighbor to try his ladder. It was too short to reach our window. It was like a scene from an Italian movie. We got to dinner a little late. Maria was so embarrassed and apologetic. All the other reviews here are accurate. You won't be sorry you picked Maria's place. And Bologna is a gem. We had never visited the city but we want to return. Beautiful architecture, romantic atmosphere, great food, not overrun by tourists. Not a bad spot to be locked up!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Bill,

I never would have expected such a positive and funny review despite the jammed door....
Thank you so much for having been able to appreciate my assistance and my beautiful city.

You have been lovely guests. I'll not forget you and it will be fantastic to welcome you again if one day you will come back to Bologna!

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The five of us spent four nights in Bologna at Maria's wonderful B&B. The B&B is near the center of Bologna in an apartment building with a very heavy wooden door guarding the terrazzo floors of the interior hallways. It's very unassuming from the outside but the rooms are modern and beautifully decorated with every amenity I could think of and Maria is incredibly charming and helpful with suggestions about what to see and where to eat. Every morning there was a wonderful breakfast with cappuccino, fresh fruit from the market, bread with homemade jams, cheese, sliced bolognese sausages and usually some special baked pastry that she'd made. We were in town during a convention and she was very helpful with advice about getting around the city and making dinner reservations on the busiest nights. This was our second visit to Bologna and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Woody,

thank you very much for your wonderful review!
You have been really generous and you made me so proud about my job and about my city.
I'm so happy that you keep the wish to come back to Bologna one day.....

Thanks again to you and to all your friends to have been such perfect guests of Bologna nel Cuore!

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I agree with all the reviews before me - the superb location, breakfast, clean and comfortable place of stay. I would like to especially reiterate the impeccable hospitality of Maria. She indeed makes us feel like a guest and is most helpful with her suggestions. I had just two days to replenish my tired body and soul and Bologna and nel Cuore made it happen for me. Thank you Maria - I hope to return with family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Sita,

thank you so much for your nice review!
Expecially for appreciating my hospitality and my suggestions.
I really hope to welcome you and your nice family in the future.....

arrivederci !!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We spent 2 nights , May 21 & 22, with Maria at her B&B. This B&B is spotless and the location cannot be better. We loved Bologna. The city is perfect for walking and Maria's B&B is never far away for a quick rest stop. The breakfast started the day off right. It is just the best spot to stay in the city. Would love to go back! bjt5203

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear guests from NY,

thank you very much for your nice review!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed my hospitality. I really hope to welcome you again at my B&B Bologna nel Cuore.

Arrivederci!

Maria Ketty

Been to B&B Bologna nel Cuore? Share your experiences!