“Typical bolognese experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Belfiore

Trattoria Belfiore
Via Marsala 11a, 40126 Bologna, Italy (San Vitale)
Improve this listing
Ranked #548 of 1,353 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian, Cambodian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Vitale
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Typical bolognese experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We arrived to Bolognia in christmas, therefore many of the restaurans were closed. We were searching for a open restaurant and we found this restaurant by coincidence and I was not expecting that a bolognese pasta and tortellini would be that good. Service was nice and they were very friendly and helpful.

• Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Unfussy and excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We'd had two quite pricey but very good dinners the two evenings before, so were after something simple and basic - Italian food at its best if you like, and we spotted this place earlier in the trip and decided to give it a try. It was small, cosy and basic, but what seemed to be a one-man outfit still brought us delicious, classic Bolognese cooking at a very reasonable price. The waiter was friendly without being obtrusive, and the food and wine were excellent. Such a nice little place and one that I would definitely visit again, even with so much choice in Bologna.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Delicious food - will definitely go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went to this little place for lunch. The place was empty, it was me and another customer. Really cosy atmosphere and excellent service. The waiter was really friendly and took really good care of me, with suggestions and recommendations. I asked for a traditional meal and was suggested Taglitelle Bolognese which I accompanied with red house wine. For dessert I preferred the zuppa Inglese as it is also very popular. The above with bread and water cost me 15€, which is really good, and believe me - their food is the one that forces you to close your eyes when you taste it, absolutely delicious. Loved even more the fact that it wasn't packed with tourists.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“So glad we came here on our last night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

On our last day in Bologna all I'd been craving was a simple but delicious penne dish and that's exactly what I got at Trattoria Belfiore.

The staff here were very friendly and the most welcoming we'd encountered in Bologna, very attentive and happy to recommend dishes but not be pushy.

I got the penne arrabbiata and it was perfect, warming but didn't blow my head off! The dessert I had was also very light, fruity and again, delicious.
My fiancé had the hand-made tortellini with ragú and I assume it was good as all I could hear throughout the meal was 'mmmmm'!

Would definitely visit again and is undoubtedly value for money.

Sydney
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled across this place by chance, after we failed to get a table at a higher ranked place, and there was a storm outside, so we were looking for somewhere close.

On first impressions, this restaurant looked friendly, but a touch on the 'basic' side of things.

However, we were pleasantly surprised. We started with the bruschetta, which was very tasty with toasted bread rubbed in garlic, topped with fresh and flavoursome tomatoes.

Then I had the tortelloni 'Bel Fiore', which was a cream-based sauce with bacon. The tortelloni were stuffed with spinach and ricotta. The whole dish was delicious. My partner had the tortelloni with butter and sage sauce. Again, the tortelloni were well cooked and full of flavour.

The staff were very friendly, and service was fairly quick. Overall we felt this was a hidden gem with honest, well-cooked food.

The only suggestion would be a better house red wine. Also note- despite the trip advisor title saying this is a pizzeria, there was a sign on the door saying they don't do pizzas anymore.

• 4 of 5 stars Food