“Lovely and Well Situated” 4 of 5 stars

Via Massimo d'Azeglio 64, 40124 Bologna, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 247 Bologna B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
nj
“Lovely and Well Situated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting friends in Bolgona. Our room (the blue room) was spacious and pretty. Hotel was well situated and you could walk to the park right outside of town for a morning run. Augustino was helpful and gracious. Air conditioning worked well, which was key since it was very hot. Only complaint/warning is that the bed was extremely hard.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Orlando FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed there for two nights and had a wonderful experience! The place is super clean and they even decorate with fresh flowers daily. Agostino was a great host, and he got us fresh croissants every morning and was always willing to help. He also spoke French (we are French Canadians) which was nice too! Their coffee is the best. I suggest you take the bus or taxi if you arrive at the train station since it is a pretty long walk. Bologna is a very nice break from the tourist crowded city and prices are lower and the food is much better too. If you stay in Bologna you need to book a Food tour with Italian Days, it was the best tour we took by far.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Don't look any further - stay here, even though it's going to be impossible to book before long! Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, charming host, delicious breakfasts (bowls of cherries, fresh pastries, freshly made fruit salad and coffee made to order). A bit like being at an exclusive house party! Agostino, the owner, gave us lots of advice on where to eat and what to see. We would love to return - if we can get in!

Warsaw, Poland.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

Well, what more can I add to all the other rave reviews !! My wife and I stayed here 3 nights in May/June and had a great time ! The Antica Residenza is a beautiful B & B. The rooms are elegantly decorated, all en-suite, with everything you would need. The breakfasts are delicious and filling. The location is great, in the old town about 10 mins stroll to the main square. Add to all this the charming owner, Agostino, who looked after us splendidly and was always able to advise us on things to do and restaurants etc. Really, look no further for your Bologna accomodation - this place is perfect and at very reasonable rates. Thank you, Agostino, for a super stay. Roy & Danka, Warsaw, Poland.

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I initially booked two nights, and ended up staying for a third. The location is great, under 10 minutes walking from the main square and easy to get to from the airport. The rooms are a good size, and breakfast and wifi internet are included. Agostino, the host, is exceptionally nice and welcoming. I hardly ever drink coffee, and I had three of his cappuccinos on the first morning. I think he could easily open up his own cafe! He is also nice enough to bring fresh fruit for breakfast, which, I later learned is not common for Italy. If I ever return to Bologna, I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

To Agostino, owner.
You didn't understand how your place got so popular that you now have to refuse people because you are fully booked and made me promise I would write a terrible review to bring things back to normal. So here it is : the host is terrible, decor mediocre, breakfast absolutely disgusting as other guests told me - location us poor with long staircases to get there and a long stroll to the center of the city.

So you know what happens to children when they're told not to eat candy... they do it even more.

So here is what I really think :

for those who believe in recognizing their charming prince by the look in their eyes ( and who are looking at the same time for a lovely place in Bologna ), I have found the mist perfect bed and breakfast, and I could tell after only 1 minute. From the minute you walk through the door, you will be charmed by the beauty of the place if course, but even more by enthousiastic host Agostino. On a trip with my mother, he made us both laugh and took care of us like princesses as soon as we rang the bell. He made us some hors d'oeuvres and even opened some wine while discussing Italy in general and Bologna. He referred us (and called to book) to a delightful restaurant for dinner and even shared tips for the rest of our trip.

After only one evening, I'm so delighted about the place that I fear not to post this early comment ! This place us just like your Prince charming, you know it right frim the start.

Sorry Agostino, but although I can keep a promise, I can't keep this secret place to myself.

Céline

• Stayed May 2010
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

This ia a great location in easy walking distance to the old town. Agostino is a wonderful host who simply cannot do enough for you, right down to moving the car so the parking is looked after. The food is excellent and the rooms are beautifully decorated and are lovely and clean.
This is the plave to stay in Bologna.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Antica Residenza d'Azeglio? Share your experiences!