“A wonderful day with an amazing guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Italian Days Food Experience

Italian Days Food Experience
Via Porrettana 148, 40134 Bologna, Italy (Saragozza)
(+39) 338 421 6659
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 79 Activities in Bologna
Type: Factory Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian Days Food Experience Every day departure at 08:00 o'clock. Discover Parmigiano Reggiano factory, Balsamic Vinegar Traditional of Modena, Wine Cantina and typical Lunch/Dinner planed on the Hill of Bologna with fantastic view on the valley.. 100% Made in Italy.. Sounds Good? Sounds Italian Food
Hollywood, Maryland
“A wonderful day with an amazing guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I consider ourselves "foodies" and quite knowledgeable. We were a little apprehensive that this tour might rehash what we already knew. Boy were we wrong. Our guide Allesandro, was able to weave the explanations of the processes and techniques at each venue while infusing humor and personal attention with everyone in our group. At the end of the day and a hearty lunch highlighting the specialty dishes of the area, we were all laughing and enjoying each other's company as though we were life long friends. It takes a special kind of guide to create that kind of atmosphere. From our initial contact with Barbara who manages the bookings, the professional drivers who provided door-to-door service, to the staff at the various venues who demonstrated their skills, this was by far the best tour we have ever been on. We will definitely share our experience with friends and family.

Visited February 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
22 attraction reviews
“Worth every dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

This tour is an amazing , well run adventure into the world of cheese , ham and vinegar !! That is Parmigiano, prosciutto de Parma ,and aceto Balsamico. All DOP- authentic.. After a lot of research , I decided to book with Alessandro and Barbara and our party of five was not disappointed. This tour is expensive but the knowledge and access to the locations was invaluable . We were picked up at our location in Bologna for an all day adventure. The lunch served on the tour was authentic and very generous with copious amounts of well prepared pastas and other fine accompaniments. This tour is a must .

Visited October 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
13 attraction reviews
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Let me start by saying ... Barbara and Alessandro were so gracious and kind in their communications with me! I knew I was pushing my luck being a "single traveler" during an "off season".. but after a few email exchanges, I knew I was going to have a full day of exploration and plenty of learning.

I didn't realize just how much! Alessandro is such an energetic, knowledgeable, well spoken guy! He knew the ins & outs of each production we toured. He's such an easy spirit and was welcomed by all! It's obvious he's well established in this community!

Each place afforded us an opportunity to purchase their delectable goods... (unfortunately, I ended up leaving my parm-reg cheese in a hotel refrigerator later on the trip... :( ) and the tastings were out of this world! I now know there's a world of difference between what I've known before and what I know now.

Really... gelato and balsamic vinegar???? It was truly an orchestra on my taste buds!!!

You really can't afford to miss this gem of a tour. Best of luck to Alessandro & Barbara as they open a new endeavour! I'm looking forward to touring with them again - if I'm ever in the area. They sound like they have such fun offerings!

Greetings and Chocolate love from KC! (Photos to follow with an edited review)

Visited January 2014
Wollongong, Australia
“Foodies, please, please, please don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

It was clear from the outset that the Italian Days Food Experience was going to be a big day with lots of good food...Well that's an understatement! Alessandro is the most passionate and experienced guide we have come across. A veritable text book of food information but lots of fun in the delivery. It was obvious that he is well respected by the people and business owners of the factories and places we visited with a fantastic level of access.

We booked the day months in advance from Australia with no problems - Thanks Barbara:) We were followed up by email closer to the day and felt comfortable and included the moment we arrived. I can't express how much better we are on the products we covered throughout the day and I think I'm still full from the 'light lunch' finishing off the day.

I like to think I can pack it away but Alessandro and the restaurant on the hill soon sorted that out:):) And as much as it was an abundance of food it was also a satiation of flavours, tastes & smells.

Do yourself a favour and get involved as this one is not to be missed.

Just look at the reviews!!!

Janelle & Stuart

Visited December 2013
Red Hook, New York
16 attraction reviews
“Don’t Miss this Foodie Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

One of the highlights of our trip to Italy, and Bologna specifically, was our Italian Days Food Tour. It was spectacular and worth every penny. Dress casually and comfortably – you will be walking through active factories and will also be eating A LOT!!
Before our trip we made our reservations on-line through their website. Make sure you book early because they sell out quickly. Barbara was prompt and very pleasant in replying. The day of the tour we were picked up from our hotel in a clean, spacious Mercedes van which transported us (and others) to all the locations we were to visit and returned us back to the hotel that evening. The scenery along the way was a treat in itself.
We stopped first at the factory where they made parmigiano reggiano. We were a group of about 15 people from all over the world. There we met the star of the show, Alessandro, whose boundless energy, enthusiasm and passion for high quality Italian food is absolutely contagious. This is not mere hype – he is there to teach and help you understand what goes into the food. I can still recall him explaining the meaning of “D.O.P”; determining the quality of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese by reading the markings on their rinds; emphasizing that true Balsamic vinegar contains “grape wine must”; and inserting a thin, hollow bone into the curing Modena hams and smelling it. But enough of what I learned – let’s get to the food!
There were three stops on the tour to see the production of parmigiano reggiano, balsamic vinegar, and Modena hams (prosciutto). Alessandro gave an in-depth explanation of how each was made with the group right there on the production floors, in the cavernous warehouses and curing rooms, and in the intimate barrel-aging rooms of an “acetaia”. Of course, we sampled the goods along with crusty bread and wonderful wines. It was a traveling feast. The freshness and intensity of the flavors were incredible.
The tour was well paced and we spent about two hours at each location. On the way back we stopped at a trattoria in a small town where we had the most delicious multi-course lunch featuring regional specialties. The wine, food, conversation and laughter just flowed and we had a wonderful time.
We highly recommend this tour whether you’re a foodie or not. You will truly appreciate Italian food as it’s meant to be.

Visited May 2013