“A must when in Rome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Poeta

Dar Poeta
Vicolo del bologna 45, 00153 Rome, Italy (Trastevere)
06-58.80.516
Neighborhood: Trastevere
New Britain, Connecticut
“A must when in Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Best pizza I had in Rome! Perfect crust! Relaxed casual atmosphere. I am craving the Nutella and ricotta calzone right now!

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Tel aviv
“A wonderful hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We read about Dar Poeta and decided to stop by for lunch.
Obviously , this was one if the best decision we took during our trip to Rome and we enjoyed every moment there . After walking through the little pictorial streets of Transtevere , we found us the small street on which Dar Poeta is located . The friendly staff and colorful atmosphere were just the appetizer towards one if the best Calzone I have ever tasted and a lovely pizza my wife tried . Just get there !

Visited December 2013
Rome, Italy
“Great pizza, terrific find in the heart of touristy Trastevere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were two friends, ordered a pizza each, 1 litre of water and 1/2 litre of the house red wine. Paid 11 Euros each. The wine was wonderful for a house wine, and the pizzas were just great- we got the spicy salami and the 4-cheese pizzas. Don't know which was better, both were excellent! Loved the dough. Not quite Roman, not quite Neapolitan ... something in between. We were too stuffed for dessert afterwards. The place fills up quickly, and doesn't accept reservations so don't be shy: walk up, put your name down on the list, and patiently wait your turn. I'll be coming back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Pizza in the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I spent a semester of college living in Rome and was told I had to go to Dar Poeta. I cannot thank the person who gave me this tip enough. I went at least a dozen times while living there, and every time was incredible. Whenever I have friends or family visit Rome, this is the one restaurant I always send them to, and it has never let anyone down. All of the pizzas are amazing -- save room for the nutella calzone for dessert.
Wish I could have Dar Poeta all the time!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“When The Moon Hits Your Eye ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Gob dropping selection of pizzas. Staff happy to put prosciutto on mine on request. Don't be afraid to ask and go with an empty stomach and time to spare. No small portions here. Worth truffling out in the depths of Trastevere. Definitely amore.

• Visited November 2013