“Forgotten Spaces and Places with Janet” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 593 Tours & Activities in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Rome Walks Limited is an English language company devoted to helping the busy traveler make the most out of their visit to the Eternal City. With more than 4.5 million residents, Rome can seem quite intimidating and chaotic. With our expert knowledge and advice we can help visitors escape this chaos and confusion with our carefully designed group and private tours. With a maximum of 10 clients per walk, Rome Walks enables you to experience what the Romans call "la bella città"!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany
3 attraction reviews
“Forgotten Spaces and Places with Janet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I did the 'Forgotten Spaces and Places' walk with Janet and it was fantastic! We saw so many things that we would have missed if we hadn't taken this tour and we both felt like we understood the history of Rome a lot better than we had at the start of the tour. I am a tour guide in Berlin so I had high expectations for this tour and Janet did not disappoint, she was very personable and she answered all of our questions thoughtfully and thoroughly. The tour ended with the most spectacular view over Rome and a look through a very special key hole (I won't spoil the surprise for those of you hoping to take the tour). The day after the tour we walked around Rome with a better understanding of the city. It was the best thing we did during our stay. Thanks Janet!

Visited November 2013

“If you do one thing in Rome - do this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

There are loads and loads of tours around Roman tourist sights, however very few are as good as this one. These may cost a bit more but the walks are worth every penny.

You are met by a local who has expert knowledge in the sights you're about to see and they give you an insightful, friendly and personable tour around Rome.

Most of the other tours seem to turn tourists into groups of Zombies - e.g. Groups of 20+ Tourists with earphones listening to a tour guide - which makes it difficult for them to say anything, so they follow silently like sheep. Rome Walks tours are smaller and no earphones! Which makes them more personal and interesting. Definitely a cut above the Zombie tours

I'm not particularly a history fan but after being shown the sites by the guides I became fascinated. These are a great idea if you're visiting Rome as a single traveller. They are worth the extra expense. I'm just sad I only managed two walks.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Great guide & small group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Rome walks was a wonderful way to tour Coliseum, ancient city, Vatican. Our guide was an Art History professor, very knowledgeable. Our group was 6-8 people for each tour, much smaller than tours done in Florence, which was nice for time for questions and conversation. We did Coliseum & Ancient city one day, PLENTY of tour, Vatican city is 1/2 of another day. We found it very easy, and inexpensive, to use the subway system in Rome to reach the meeting places for both tours from our Hotel in north Rome. Highly recommend getting a subway map and using that system of transport, it is very simple while in Rome.

Visited September 2013
Gainesville, Virginia
17 attraction reviews
“Vatican Tour with Francesca was Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Thank you Francesca for making this tour such a great experience! I would highly recommend Rome Walks and especially Francesca as a tour guide again. Her passion and knowledge was exceptional and really made for a great experience. This was by far the best tour we have done in Italy and would highly recommend it to friends and family. Ciao!

5 attraction reviews
“Rome Walks was a wonderful choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We booked two Rome walks tours. The first one, For Art's Sake, was just myself and my friend being guided around Rome to various churches and other sights that we might have found by our selves but would not have known as much about them. Janet, our guide, not only provided information on the art works but also on the architecture and history of the buildings we passed. She was a most enjoyable and knowledgeable guide and we enjoyed our tour with her. We also took the Skip the Line Vatican & Sistine Chapel Tour with Francesca, another enjoyable experience. She was also very knowledgeable not only about the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel but also about what has changed since the new Pope. I liked that she used her iPad as a way to provide information that would have been difficult to explain. She really worked hard to make sure we got as much information as possible and was willing to answer any questions. Both Rome Walks tours enhanced my first trip to Rome and I would use them again

Visited October 2013

Been to Rome Walks? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rome Walks, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.