“Best lasagna I've ever tasted - anywhere.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Moderna

Trattoria Moderna
Vicolo dei Chiodaroli 16 | Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)
+39 06 6880 3423
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Trattoria Moderna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,109 of 8,546 Restaurants in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Seattle, Washington
“Best lasagna I've ever tasted - anywhere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The lasagna leaves you speechless. I returned here again and again during my three months in Rome - and the chef never disappoints. (And he is very accessible, gregarious and gracious) DO NOT MISS this place, near the Campo di Fiori.
As a result of the fabulous cuisine, I chose this restaurant to host a dinner for my students studying in Rome. It was a beautiful meal for all.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“The best meal in Rome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had fantastic lunch there with warm mozarella and porcini, antipasti and fresh pasta con peppe!The waitress was really helpfull and she let us choose for our antipasti selection what we wanted to try.Great service too.

Visited November 2012
pittsburgh
“We stumbled upon it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Fate led us here. We loved it. Service divine. Creative food but the chef maintains tradition. After being ignored yesterday by our waiter in a highly recommended restaurant, it was wonderful to know that your nose and instincts sometime work. Fantastic place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Wow. Stumbled on this place because it was steps away from my hotel. On a Saturday niht it was packed with only a few empty tables and the staff was super friendly. Between my little Italian and they knowledge of English and Spanish I had no problems ordering or having a meal here. I went with their daily special of linguine with artichoke and ricotta cheese so i could save room for dessert which was amazing as well. But their menu is far more than just for tourists.

Ps order the tiramisu, you'll wonder why it isnt this creamy or amazing where you normally get yours.

They have duck, pasta, beef, lamb and chicken. I definitely recommend this place. Also there are some vegetarian dishes.

“Great spot for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed this little restaurant. The lasagne was delicious. We shared a mozzarella broth first course and it was really tasty too. Nice wine. Convenient location.