“great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
San Diego, California
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

there are only twelve tables here. requires reservation. food is simply fabulous. we had the best ravioli stuffed with grouper and savory spices. service great and they speak passable English.

Visited November 2012

St. Helier, United Kingdom
“Do people knows whats good food is?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the must ridiculous place I have seen in my life!
It is a joke to see the writing concerning that place... it was recommended from a friend and the hotel were we stayed (Hotel de Russie) just told me it was trend but no more.
Well, Trendy is definitely not the word, small, very small table, touristic people, friendly staff but nothing Trendy if you compare with a place in Paris or NY!
Anyway, I was ready to forget that side if the food was good, but here we are, that was a disaster, nothing special. not even good.
I am able to cook better the lamb chops with sauté potatoes I had, and the four starters were all flan.. onions flan, courgette flan etc my pasta were too "al dente" and the sauce was not testy.
Very disappointed and surprising people are still writing good revues, get a grip and try some good place in Rome, it is plenty!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Choose main courses carefully”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I started with the zucchini flan with carrot sauce which I only ordered because of trip advisor and it was truly delicious. My husband had an antipasta of fried stuffed olives and tempura fried artichoke which was also good. We shared a tasty risotto with mushrooms. My main dish was cod and I should have realized it would be salty but it was so salty that I couldn't finish it. My husband's main dish was pidgeon which was pretty dry. We shared a good pear tart for dessert. There were mostly Italians in the restaurant and perhaps if we had ordered other choices we would have liked it even more.

Visited October 2012
Great Britain
“Four visits in three days kind of says it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good Trattoria serving fresh quality produce. We've just got back after a spontaneous quick trip to Rome and this family run establishment ticked all the right boxes. Friendly service and warm ambiance, Trattoria Monti offers it all, whether it's a quick snack at mid day or the full monty in the evening. On all four visits the restaurant was continuously full so booking is advisable.
Not much else to say that other satisfied guests haven't already commented on. October/November are great culinary months to visit all of Italy and Rome is no exception. Go and enjoy the Porcini, the Pecorino Romano, and last but not least, the laborious Puntarelle Romane..... poetry on a plate.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Wow!! Everything I read in other reviews and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place. Everything was excellent.
Every food item we tried was something to remember! We started with a zucchini flan with carrot sauce which words can't describe.
My fiancée speaks fluent Italian, but I don't speak a word. The waiter was perfectly comfortable using both to speak to us.
What was also great about the service and atmosphere was that the staff made us feel at home and didn't have that "we are better than you" attitude that you find at some places here in Rome when they know you are not Italian.
As we read in other reviews, the place is not very large and is always full, so be sure to call in advance to book a table.
I give this place 5 stars.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere