“Very good for our last night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taverna della Scala

Taverna della Scala
Piazza della Scala, 19/21, Rome, Italy (Trastevere)
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,052 of 8,759 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very good for our last night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We tried this place after trying to find a nice place for our last night, we were a little concerned about the reviews but went for it anyway and I'm glad we did!

The food was very good, we had the mussel to start which were gorgeous and then two spaghetti dishes for our mains, the staff were very friendly and the setting outside is really nice, would definitely recommend!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town
“Tourist fodder - just terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Like most establishments in this lovely area this restaurant looks appealing. However, I cannot believe the positive ratings it has had from a quality and value perspective. Service was arrogant and devoid of any charm whatsoever, particularly when my wife requested that her pasta be warmed up as it had been served luke warm. My bolognese was just awful. Minuscule portion and I've cooked better myself at home! For me this is tourist treatment of the worst kind and certainly not an experience I will repeat and I recommend others to avoid. There is so much choice you can avoid the experience we had.

Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Nothing special, does not worth to search it...almost a tourist trap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very very average food, service ok...basically some kind of almost a tourist trap. I agree with many other comments on this site, the pasta there are not fresh, not better than what you get anywhere, the pizza is common, the starters are not of the first quality, there is no real italian clients...I do not understand the buzz about this sector of town to start with as all the restaurants in the area all looked to be specialised in everything which is usually not a very good sign. By far our worst meal in italy on a 3 days touristic sejour that included restaurants in such other potential tourist traps located near very touristic attractions in Pisa and Napoli...you would probably not eat any different in any similar restaurant nearby the vatican or the coliseum so do not spend your preciouos visiting time to find this place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were hungry for a late lunch near our hotel before we headed to the airport, and it being 3pm everywhere was closing up for a siesta! This place was open (though we were the only patrons) and we both had pasta. It was average. Tasty, but average. No better than some Italian food you get in the UK chain restaurants – but it wasn’t bad either. It served its purpose – so if you are desperate it’s fine, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend the place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Trying to get away from all the tourist trap restaurants? This is a great option in a quaint part of town with excellent food and service.

• Visited July 2013