“Very good meal, delicious dessert!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali

La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali
via Madonna dei Monti, 9, 00184 Rome, Italy (Monti)
+39 06 6798643
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #271 of 9,253 Restaurants in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Very good meal, delicious dessert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

As we were visiting the Colosseum and the Forum, we decided to find this restaurant and we managed to reserve a table for later.... which was a good plan! Our hotel was close by and this restaurant was recommended by then and on TA. Our hotel advised that it was best to book a place on a Saturday night in Rome. We were glad we did as they were indeed busy. We shared the starter of Roman roast pork and garlic bread and basically got a slab of meat and garlic bread, it didn't look fancy but it did taste good!
We both had the specials of the day for main courses (can't remember what they were now!) and both of them were very tasty. My fiance also had a plate of vegetables which was sauteed broccoli in lots and lots of garlic - but again very tasty!
We shared a dessert which was a rather excellent pistachio ricotta cheesecake.... I think I persuaded the next table to us to have it as dessert, I wanted the recipe!

The service was very good and friendly too.
Definitely a good meal out and worth going back to... when we are next in Rome!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
“Incredible place, absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Perhaps my experience was a tad different since I visited this restaurant with a friend of Chef Alezzio & family. We dined here 4 of the 6 nights we were in Rome & each night was a delight. We didn't even look at the menu, just let them serve us a variety of whatever they chose for us. And after trying almost everything they serve, I can honestly say you cannot go wrong with anything on their menu. Stupendous food!!

A note to those complaining about tight seating... I watched people wait hours for a taste of this amazing food, all of whom would have gladly traded places with you complainers. Be thankful for the experience! After all, it is Roma!!

• Visited October 2012
Lier, Belgium
“My favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

2nd time in Rome, visited Taverna deir Fori imperiali. Atmosphere is great, staff is really friendly and you feel like home! They give you explanations with every dish, wine, ... and do recommendations! Food was absolutely lovely!

• Visited May 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Be treated as an individual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Its easy to feel like one of the tourist masses in Rome. Book to eat at the Fori Imperiali and you will get not only great food, but service from people who treat you as a friend. The atmosphere is great and the wine good value.

Puslinch, Canada
“Nice dependable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here upon opening at 7:30pm April 24th. This was our first meal in Italy, having just arrived on our vacation earlier today.
The staff and owner were all welcoming and friendly. The restaurant was fully booked and they turned away 3 couples who walked in front of us. Fortunately I had emailed my hotel several days earlier and had them book all of our restaurant reservations.

We had a good meal: artichokes; split a pasta dish; then lamb chops for my wife and I had the sea bass. The food was prepared nicely and we enjoyed the house wine.

I would go back some day.

Great location next to the Forum and walking distance from other nearby attractions.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere