“Classic, crusty, excellent..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pizzeria da Remo

Pizzeria da Remo
Piazza Santa Maria Liberatrice 44, 00153 Rome, Italy (Testaccio)
+39065746270
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,365 of 9,253 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Testaccio
London, United Kingdom
“Classic, crusty, excellent..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Given that the cab rides cost more than the food, my expectations were high ;) It was totally worth the trip; fine Roman style crust, tasty toppings and a busy but friendly atmosphere. The tiramisu was delicious and my daughter gobbled it all up before I had two spoonfuls. Even the bruschetta alone was worth the trip.

Watching the staff carry eight paper-thin pizzas was quite something. Great to see value food being served with pride and attention to detail.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Canberra
“Cheap and cheerful pizzeria off the tourist trail”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My travelling companion and I researched this place through TripAdvisor well before we left on our trip. Overall we found their pizzas and the crostini we had to be OK but we've both had better. Service was efficient given that the place was very crowded - we were in and out in about 30 minutes although there was no attempt to move us on. Not a place for a quiet tete a tete but for what it is and their very reasonable prices I would recommend it for a Roman cheap dining experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Best Pizzeria in Rome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I stumbled on to this place and WOW what a surprise! The first night we had the prosciutto pizza which was to die for! Then we decide to try it again on the next night and much to our surprise the wait was crazy but worth it! Mainly locals eat here not many tourist to me. The Gorgonzola pizza was just as good!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delafield, Wisconsin, United States
“Treasure Found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My new bride and I were staying up on the hill above Testaccio, and stumbled across this gem the first night of our honeymoon in May 2012. Wow! The simple yet extraordinary offerings beat anything I have ever had in the States (though to be fair, Chicago Deep Dish is quite a different realm from Margharita-style pizza). The best part is you can share an appetizer, a pizza, and get two drinks for about $25 US. We will definitely return to Pizzeria da Remo someday.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Pizza in Rome according to Time Out. Can't argue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I only had one pizza in Rome, but it was spot on - so may well be the best. You can't book, so get there and expect a 20 min wait

Visited September 2012