“Domus Cornelia is Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Domus Cornelia B&B
Piazza Irnerio 57, 00165 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #925 of 2,888 Rome B&B and Inns
Charleston, WV
“Domus Cornelia is Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Domus Cornelia is a great place to stay. Marcello runs a great place and the location is very nice. I had trouble finding it and Marcello came to find me in the neighborhood. My best advice is studying the area via Google Maps Street View before visiting. It gives you some bearings to use. It's a short walk to the Metro Stop (Cornelia) to and from the B&B. It's a few stops to the Vatican and Colisseum.

The neighborhood is full of nice places to eat for any budget. I would recommend lunch or some nice pastries at a place called Caffe Camerino as it was amazing and is just down the block. There's a huge newstand right across the street, a grocery store two doors down and many shops all within walking distance. One important note, a nice laundromat is close by.

The B&B was spotless and one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed. When we arrived, Marcello took us to our room and his assistant Lina was cleaning our room for a second time. The building is quiet for the most part. There is noise sometimes from the street but it didn't bother me at all. I will warn you, it seems ambulances are always running the streets in Rome with the siren on.

The kitchen is very nice at Domus Cornelia as I was able to buy food and drinks and keep them there. Breakfast was always ready for us everyday. Lina does a wonderful job and it was a great pleasure to stay. I would gladly stay here again anytime.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

My wife and I stayed in the double room with private bathroom at Domus Cornelia mid June 2009. Our host (Marcello) was very friendly and willing to help us with general inquiries. The breakfast was excellent and we were made to feel very comfortable. The location was a short 5 min walk to the metro, with grocery stores next door. Clothing stores, an internet cafe, dry cleaning are all a very short walk away, though a small map of the local area would have made things easier.

The room itself was very clean and tidy and the private bathroom was immaculate. We did have a problem with the toilet flush that was not able to be fixed properly during our three day stay, despite Marcello's efforts to fix it. The street noise was very noticeable but airconditioning made up for the street noise in our opinion.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Belgrade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

Marcello waited for me on arrival and was of great help during my stay to answer my every question or to give valuable information, maps...

The rooms are clean and cosy, with Sat TV, DVD, and bathroom and even a terrace. There is a separate door to the Cornelia B&B with living room where the breakfast is served and I almost felt like in home. You ll get your keys and you can enter the building whenever you want.

The breakfast is very good with coffee, juice, croissants, cheese and ham or eggs.

Location is very good, , only 5 minutes to Cornelia metro station or you can use a bus and go wherever you want. There are also several bars, restaurants and pizzerias in the neighbourhood.

Marcello thanks for all,
greetings from Predrag

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

Marcello and his younger brother Luca run a delightful 3-bedroom B&B in an apartment in Rome. Both speak English and are generally on hand,
and happy, to answer any queries. The kitchen, with use of a fridge full of soft drinks, was full of maps and guidebooks.

Our room was sparklingly clean, well furnished and very comfortable, with a television andneat litlle ensuite shower/toilet. M was happy to
add a single bed for my friend. There is another double room for hire,
so this would be perfect for a family, or friends travelling together.

It's near a supermarket (for materials for your own sandwiches - why waste coffee and shopping money), several nice bars and a good restaurant, to which M pointed us.

It's 15 minutes on the tube (5 minutes from the flat) from the centre,
but you can always get the bus and enjoy the view. The value for money
here more than makes up for this.

I went back in January and took my mother. She liked it too.

• Liked — Convenience, cleanliness, price, atmosphere, proprietor
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends

Been to Domus Cornelia B&B? Share your experiences!