“A very good view of Rome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casina Valadier

Casina Valadier
Piazza Bucarest, 00187 Rome, Italy (Campo Marzio)
(+39) 06 69922090
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,083 of 8,759 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Casina Valadier is the jewel of Pincio, located in the heart of Villa Borghese seems to dominate in all its beauty, the Eternal City. Our restaurant offers "the most beautiful point of view of Rome" as well as supply food and wine. In his magical and elegant atmosphere you can sample the delights from the chef Massimo D'innocent awarded two Gambero Rosso forks, drinking wine and admire the breathtaking panorama that made known wherever this location as one of the most romantic, beautiful and charming of the world. Our location has 4 floors, 3 terraces and a garden for corporate events, weddings, gala dinners.
Rome, Italy
“A very good view of Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Lovely view of Rome from this restaurant. Tables are well spaced and the service is good.
I found the food tasty and well presented, although one might say that it comes at a price.
It is a very good choiche for a business dinner or for special occasions.
Parking can be difficult.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Nice restaurant, breathtaking view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partners ate here in march during our weekend stay in rome. We found the place very good with a breathtaking view over rome, with St. Peter's basilica in the distance. Prices are expensive however factoring in the view made it well worth it. We found the service average however this is probably due to the language barrier rather than manners. For one two corse meal and one three course meal with water, glass of wine and amaretto we were €130. Granted this is expensive however for a meal in a good resturant in London or any other capital city would have been the same. Overall food was excellent and the whole experiance made me not want to leave. Very highly recommended

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great experience, screwed us for money at the end”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a great time here at New Year's. However, they charged us 50 euro at the end of the night for a bottle of champagne that we thought was included in the 'all inclusive' price. Would recommend for great food and service but watch out for mystery charges at the end of the night which are not acceptable and would recommend avoiding this place simply because this is not acceptable behavior.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Japan
“Unforgettable wedding reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I decided to have my wedding reception here after consulting other places in Rome. I am Italian and lived almost my entire life in Rome, considering that we had many guests coming from abroad (my wife is not Italian) I was looking for a place with:

- a great view on Rome
- excellent Italian food
- impeccable service

I have to say that everything exceeded our expectations. I was constantly dealing with Giulia Mari, the event organizer, she was always very friendly and able to accommodate any request we had. I organized the whole reception from abroad, since I do not live in Italy anymore, and I was definitely feeling that somebody was really taking care about the entire organization, nothing was ever left to chance.
The place has been finely renovated, it still maintains that aura of nobility that gained through the decades. The location is stunning, inside Villa Borghese on top of Pincio hill, and it boasts an incredible view on Rome. We arrived there around 19:00 when the sun was going down, the sunset with the view of St. Peter and all the churches of Rome was really unforgettable. The terrace gave us a chance to enjoy the beautiful Rome's end-of-summer weather, and the inside gave everyone with babies/strollers a chance to get some space to play around or just rest.
One of my biggest concerns was the food, since everyone coming from abroad had very high expectations, and to be honest it was the same for me, since the menu is quite expensive I definitely had high expectations on the menu. I managed to try a bit of every single dish that was served (we did buffet-style), and I was absolutely surprised by the quality of the food. Recipes were elaborate but not too sophisticated, ingredients were clearly fresh, everything was served at the right temperature and in the right way, just prepared. The maitre Fabio D'Alessandro was always helpful and smiling, and the chef Massimo D'Innocenti was just.. superb. The food was continuously served, being a buffet I found that the pace was neither too slow neither too fast. Everything from the fried appetizers to the fresh cheese, pasta, meat, fish up until the sweets was just fantastic.
I really want to say thank you to all these people, it's thanks to them if we had such a fantastic day. Everything went very smooth.
I do not work for them, I had never seen them before in my life, they really deserve good words because they have been great with us and managed to exceed all our expectations.
Yes the place is not cheap, but if you look at Casina Valadier for a wedding reception you know you are not looking for something cheap. And honestly, compared to other "similar" places, meaning with a nice terrace overlooking Rome, with some history behind (not like a modern hotel) and with a great location in the heart of Rome, I believe their price is competitive, and definitely worth. Grazie Giulia, Fabio, Massimo!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“only go if you like paying for the view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

overpriced, and poor value , food quality and service for the cost. instead, walk in the gardens near it and take photos, then head to a better food, service and value restaurant. Many to choose in Rome.

• 3 of 5 stars Food