“Friendly accommodating staff, very clean, great location and rooftop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beldes

You added Hotel Beldes to your Saves list
Hotel Beldes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   via degli Scipioni, 239, 00192 Rome, Italy (Prati)   |
Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #623 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Rome, Italy
“Friendly accommodating staff, very clean, great location and rooftop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is my first time writing a review, I always took them with a grain of salt anyways. But I'm writing because Hotel Beldes was a great place to stay and I would not want anyone to turn it down because of other reviews on this site. I had an extended stay at the Hotel Beldes and usually when you stay somewhere for a long time you find more things to complain about. On the contrary, the longer I stayed at the hotel the more great things I have to say about it. The rooms were clean, the daily breakfast was an amazing perk, and the rooftop lounge was a perfect place to unwind. The location was great as well. The metro stop was around the corner, which made trips to termini and other main attractions very easy. Rome is such a walkable city and this hotel leant itself to walking anywhere and finding authentic restaurants and shops along the way. The best part of my stay at the Hotel Beldes was the staff who were always available and friendly. From the managers to the house staff they accommodated every need: arranging cabs to the airport, helping us find laundromats on the map, and making breakfast such an enjoyable relaxing way to start the day. Anyone staying in Rome looking for an affordable, clean, friendly hotel I would not hesitate to recommend Hotel Beldes

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

So i'll try and be as unbiased as I can be but that might be a little hard. I've traveled around the world and stayed in at least 50 different hotels in my life and this has got to be the worst one ever. I normally stay in 4* hotels and well this one somehow does not display a star rating, thought they had to in Europe but whatever, but they claim to be a 3star hotel. The rooms were very small, but I kinda expected that in Rome, I did on the other hand have an issue with the fact that there was no where to put the clothes. There were not drawers of shelves only one small free standing hanger. Thats where my first issue started, I was here for a month studying Law in a summer program, so the first day i noticed the issue with not having a place to put the cloths and brought it up to the manager, I told him that since we were staying for a month I would appreciate it if he would be able to move us, he said he was full right now but promised that by the weekend he would find another room and move us, I said thank you very much and of course never heard anything back from him. My next issue was the internet, which worked when it felt like it and didn't when it didn't, kinda an issue but whatever. Then there is the shower, for some reason every time you took a shower it would flood the bathroom floor, this was not just a problem for my room, but also the other 14 rooms that other members of my group had. Then we get to the blood on the sheets, you can see a picture of it posted here as well, this has got to be the most disgusting and unsanitary thing i have ever experienced. I brought it to the attention of the manager who asked what room I was in made a phone call to who I presume was the cleaning staff and then said he would look into it. No sorry, no let me change your room right away, no let us upgrade you, no free bottle of wine, nothing, just what room number and we will look into it. While I can't say for sure they did not look into it, in the next week they never mentioned anything to me, not even a sorry. That right there made me want to leave the hotel but we were with a large group and it would have caused problems so i just took it in stride and moved on. Then comes the best part, this morning I return to the hotel room and I can not find the TV remote, I look all around for it and then after still not being able to find it I search out the cleaning lady and ask her if she might know where it is. She comes into the room to search for it but then tells me she did not see it today and her friend was the one that cleaned the room yesterday so she will talk to her and see. Well since I'm sure it was around in the morning I call down to the front desk and get to speak to the super helpful manager. I explain to him the situation and ask if he can provide me with another remote, he start by telling me its my problem the cleaning staff lost the remote and that he will deal with it later or tomorrow. I tell him thats not ok as I need it to watch TV and ask that he comes us to try and help us locate it, I then tell him I will see him upstairs in the room and hang up the phone. A few minutes later I hear a slam on my door and its the manager coming up to scream at me about how I better never be rude to him and how rude it was of me hanging up on him. I'm sitting on the edge of the bed and he gets right up over me and into my face. I then get up and tell him to clam down, and no matter what he never has a right to talk to me like this as I am a paying customer. He then says if I want to be rude he will call the police and we can deal with them, I tell him please do. Turns out the cleaning lady had packed up the remote in my bag of toiletries when she had cleaned earlier. Of course he never calls the police, unfortunately i was really looking forward to it. The one good that came out of this is I was able to get my money back for the remaining week of my stay and move to a much better hotel right next door. For the same price I do not know who in the world would ever stay at hotel beldes.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After reading various reviews on this site I was wondering what to expect from this hotel; in fact I’d half contemplated cancelling the booking and going elsewhere. That would have been a mistake; I don’t know what drives some of the reviewers on this site but what has been written by some contributors didn’t reflect what I experienced.

Firstly the annex, something that’s clearly a point of contention for some. The term annex doesn’t do this justice; the hotel in effect has two properties, the hotel property and a floor in an apartment block some 250 metres away and where I stayed. You have to remember this is an Italian apartment, that means lovely old building with a concierge and a smashing, original lift – worth seeing in itself. HR Beldes have part of the third floor, which I took to be an original large apartment now divided into seven rooms. Size wise these are comparable, if not bigger, to hotels in the city centre. Put it this way, I’ve paid (much) more for hotels in Rome and ended up with smaller rooms.

Each room is decorated in a different style, kind of renaissance chic. The bed was comfy, the bathroom in a corner was a decent size and, again, comparable to something you’d be paying more for two or three miles down the road. A real nice touch is a complimentary nespresso type machine in the room.

Contrary to what others have said, the room was well decorated and maintained. Also, it was cleaned to a high standard every day. The only down side is that the walls are indeed thin, saying that you tend to find that Rome isn’t a party city so we weren’t kept awake by carousing neighbours and I’d hazard a guess that you won’t be either.

We went to the main hotel every day for breakfast. This was great – eggs, meats, cereal, juices, bread and preserves. Service was very good as well. In the hotel itself there’s a terrific roof terrace with two sun-beds and ample soft seating.

I spoke with both managers during the stay, both were helpful and more than willing to help. They’re trying to do something different with this hotel, and it’s a credit to them for trying to present a value for money place with a chic style.

The hotel is in Prati, a district outside the Roman walls. It’s a terrific area to stay, ten minutes from Vatican City and Piazza Popllo but with a thriving nightlife that gives you a great choice of restaurants and bars. Italian nightlife is fairly sedate so even though the bars stay open late you’ll find Itailans more content to eat ice cream and drink wine that making a racket and causing trouble a la the English way. Combined with that, you’ll find the restaurants serving food on a par with those in the centre, if not better, but at prices up to 50% cheaper.

Give this place a chance, you might be surprised.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex. Room 7 is at the end of the corridor and thereby quieter. Room 6, I believe...
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Its not the Ritz, but you wont pay Ritz prices. A, small,clean, and well run hotel in Prati, Rome only 5 Minutes from the Vatican. We stayed in the annex which was an adequate room with character. No noise from the street could be heard.
The staff were very amiable and helpful, and the Breakfast was fresh and something to look forward to. The Hotel had a Rooftop terrace with an exceptional view of the nearest Basillica.
A Perfect place to stay for a 3 night trip - fully recommended.

Stayed June 2013
ramsgate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed in the Beldes for 3 nights. Was very dissapointed.Booked the larger room to find it was small .If this is large id hate to see the others.You could hear all the noise in other rooms and every time the toilet flushed it woke you up .Waitress in breakfast room ,was miserable and her face would crack if she smiled.The breakfast room had plastic chairs and were very uncomfortable,nearly fell off on many occassions.If you are looking for luxury or 3 star .this is not it .The only good thing was the location is good.

Room Tip: None try somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

All in all a nice hotel in a good location - really close to the Metro and a short walk to the Vatican. However, we did experience the same "computer error" scam that other reviews had mentioned!!!

When we arrived we were informed about the supposed computer glitch that had resulted in overbooking of the hotel but not to worry as they had a room for us for the first night in the annex. The annex is a short walk away but the rooms aren't half as nice as in the main hotel!!! We were compensated slightly by a cheap bottle of wine in the roof garden and a "superior" room (reading the other reviews here turns out it wasn't superior!) back in the hotel for the rest of our stay!

This did leave us with a slightly uncomfortable feeling that we had been completely lied to by the hotel but we didn't let this effect our trip to Rome and if I could guarantee that we wouldn't be moved to the annex or a different hotel I would stay here again. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated and breakfast was quite pleasant. Perhaps if you are booking this hotel you may want to e-mail ahead to confirm your reservation!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Breda, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Small but good hotel. Nicely decorated. The room that we (daughter and me) stayed in was very small, and I really did miss a chair. The safe in the room is very small (too small for an ipad), but we did leave our stuff in our suitcase.
The included breakfast was neatly arranged in the breakfast room, which is a very cosy room downstairs.
Personnel are friendly and helpful, especially the maids and the ladies that serve breakfast.
The location is great. Very close to the Vatican and the metroline is literally around the corner.
Our room was in the front, but the street wasn't too noisy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Beldes? Share your experiences!