Arrived in Rome at Termini station. Hotel was a 10 minute walk from station. Upon arrival the staff were brilliant, the Owner Fabrizio was very helpfull and very polite. He helped us break down Rome on map and recommended a few restaurants and bars, of which ask him about a restaurant "Vecchio Roma" AMAZING!!
We had booked standard room for 3 nights. Room and bathroom was a little small but good value for money after all we didn't go to rome for the room. Every morning we had breakfast delivered to our door with any hot drink of your choice, orange juice, cakes and bread.
The hotel is in a great location metro station is one road away which will take you to all major attractions. The Coliseum is a 10 minute walk away. We booked the ROMA PASS before arriving in Italy, I strongly reccommend the pass. You get free entry to Coliseum, Roman forum etc aswell as que jump, which believe you will need for Coliseum, the que was around a 2 hour wait! You also get free travel on metro and buses around Rome which was perfect as hotel was very close to Metro station.
On our last night the hotel gave us an upgrade to a bigger room with the painted ceiling, an amazing room, alot more spacious.
The only con's i can think of is that rooms 1-3 are very close to the reception area and you can hear talking which sometimes woke me. and the double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together.
All in all this is a decent hotel and the staff were brilliant could not fault them one bit. Great location and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auditorium di Mecenate is a modern Guest House, which aims to capture the traditional spirit of Roman’s hospitality and traditions. Located in an old building in a unique Umbertino style Area (King Umberto II), ideally positioned for those who wants being able to have quick access to principal areas of historical and tourist interest that only Rome can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Auditorium di Mecenate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auditorium Di Mecenate Rome
- Auditorium Di Mecenate Hotel Rome