I chose the B&B after reading the reviews of tripadvisors and I had NO REGRETS...! The price of a room at Flavius is lower than most of other B&Bs in Rome. Yet, the place is very clean and has everything you need.
1) Value for money - I paid 50 euros per night for a single room in early December...and it was much much much better than the one that I used a while ago (in Rome) that costed 90 Euros (with 10euros discount, meaning that it was 100euros..and I don't see for what I have paid such an amount in that B&B..)
2) Cleanliness - Yes, the place is very clean.
3) Very friendly staff - The two brothers, Riccardo and Giordano, will try to help you as much as they can.
4) Convenient location - Colosseo is 10 minutes walking distance, Basilica San Giovanni in Laterano is less than 10 minutes walking distance..If you like walking around, after visiting Colosseo, you can walk down the street from there passing by Foro Romano to Piazza Venezia where there is "Il Vittoriano" and the Campidoglio..and the you can head to the centre following the road Via del Corso, stopping at the Fontana di Trevi and Piazza di Spagna...This can be done all in one day on foot from this B&B..but of course, you need to like "walking"....However, to go to the Vatican City and Castel St. Angelo and Trastevere...I guess you might need to take the metro or bus...(although it can always be done on foot, if you like walking..)
5) Nicer breakfast than other B&Bs of the same category - warm drink of your choice, fruit juice, yoghurt, warm croissant (it's a mass produced one from a supermarket, however, they still do their best to warm it before they serve it to you), a few toasted bread (it's not the toast that people generally think though, it's the one they sell at the supermarket in Italy, the hard one), a small pack of cake...For the price of this B&B, it is not easy to find such a B&B that serves you these things for breakfast as Flavius.....Since they do not have an indoor dining room, it is served in your room, you can tell the staff in the morning when you're ready for your breakfast, and they'll serve it to you. When the weather's warm, the breakfast is served on the terrace terrace with a nice view.
6) Heaters in winter - working perfectly and especially I was impressed by the towel drying rack in the bathroom, which was working...! (even in 4 star hotels in Italy, hardly ever have I seen the heater + towel drying rack working in the bathroom...)
7) Free Wireless Internet - in case you need
8) Safe and quiet area - A few blocks down, you can find restaurants, cafes, and bars..however, near by the B&B is quiet so that you're not disturbed by the noise...Anyways, the B&B is situated on the top floor of the building, so it is not that noisy after all...
I definitely recommend this B&B to everyone who visits Rome..it's really worth the money you pay for.......!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Bed and Breakfast Flavius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.