I've been to hotels that failed to live up to expectations, but I was extremely pleased to find that Residenza Santa Maria did live up to what I hoped.
As other reviewers have noted, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. There were a couple of minor issues with the room when I first arrived that were dealt with quickly and with no fuss. The room itself was far more than I expected, and it was a welcome place to return to after long days of walking around the city.
The location in Trastavere is great, in that it's well situated for getting to the other parts of the city by walking or hopping a tram.
I was very happy to have stayed and certainly recommend them to anyone visiting Rome.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Santa Maria Hotel
- Residenza Santa Maria Hotel Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Residenza Santa Maria, is a small exclusive Hotel de charm, located I the heart of Rome, just a stone’s from the magnificent and picturesque square of Santa Maria in Trastevere. This boutique Hotel is the result of the skilful restoration of a 17th century building. The whole house is dominated by brick arches, wooden ceilings, artistic hand painted frescos and wall decorations which give to the Residenza Santa Maria an atmosphere of refined elegance. With only 6 rooms, the Residenza Santa Maria is somewhat smaller than its namesake which allows for even greater atmosphere, notwithstanding the fact that having only recently opened it is also equipped with high tech environment. The large and quite, no smoking, rooms, some of which family rooms, are fully equipped with private bathroom with tub and shower, A/C, telephone, mini-bar, safe, satellite flat panel TVs, free internet connection, boiler for tea/coffee and other amenities. In the breakfast room, once a Roman cistern of the II cen. BC, decorated by original ancient Roman artifacts found on site during restoration of the building, guests can enjoy a rich and delicious buffet breakfast, (scramble or boiled eggs, ham, cheese, salami, fresh bread, assortment of biscuits, cakes, fresh fruits, yogurt, fresh croissants, selection of fruit juices etc.). Thanks to great location, from the Hotel Residenza Santa Maria, guests can easily reach the main tourist sites like Campo de’ Fiori, Navona Square, the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi’s fountain, the Roman Forum and Coliseum with just a relaxing stroll through a maze of fascinating medieval streets. The Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Square are a few minutes away. Furthermore Trastevere, apart from the beauty of its mediaeval narrow little streets, is filled with typical restaurants, markets, pubs and cafés.The Residenza Santa Maria also offers services like transfer to and from the airport, private guided tours, laundry service, shiatsu massage, beauty centre, baby sitting service and car and scooter hire, as well as offering free use of bikes to its personal guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Residenza Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.