“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 889 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Through Eternity is a tour company in Italy that provides insightful guidance and commentary on historical and artistic sights, both well known and off the beaten track. The company has been providing exceptionally high quality cultural tourism since 1999. Our guides are all highly educated, fluent English-speaking professionals who bring history alive and provide deep cultural context. The company provides tours and excursions in Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Naples, Siena, Tivoli and San Gimigano. All Through Eternity's back-office staff are native English speakers.
Newark, New Jersey
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

The reviews on this site don't lie. Through Eternity offers the best, most detailed group tours out there. They are always between 12-16 people, which is a nice, manageable number. The tour guides are informative and passionate about the subject and are always willing to answer questions along the way.

We were in Rome for our Honeymoon in early July and with a week left before the trip I had not yet booked any tours. I looked at the reviews for Through Eternity and decided to give them a shot. I was surprised to receive a response e-mail from Adam at Through Eternity within 30 minutes of my initial inquiry. From that point on, we e-mailed back and forth over the next day or two to coordinate a schedule of tours. The process was flawless and Adam was extremely helpful. I was very impressed with how prompt he was in returning my messages.

We did three group tours with Through Eternity. I have put the guide's name in parenthesis:
-The Colosseum and Roman Forum (Rob)
-Underground Rome (Justin)
-The Vatican Museum & St. Peter's Basilica (Ian)

Each tour guide was wonderful and brought their own unique style to the tour. We were very happy with each tour and would do them all again in a heartbeat. I do have to give one warning, however. Make sure you map out and locate exactly where it is you'll be meeting up with your guide on the day of the tour. We were also supposed to take part in the Rome at Twilight tour on our second night in the city, but we were unable to find our guide at the base of the Spanish Steps. Through Eternity asks that clients pay at the end of the tour, so it wasn't a problem with money, but we were disappointed to miss the tour. I would never lower the rating because of this, because it was mostly our fault, but the guides do come to the site with only the littlest of signs bearing the logo of the company. Sometimes it can be hard to find the guide and it would be nice if they were a little more recognizable, especially at a crowded place like the Spanish Steps.

In addition to our group tours, we also scheduled a private, 7-hour tour of Florence. Our tour guide, Vinchenzo, was wonderful the entire day. For their private tours outside the city of Rome, Through Eternity works with local guides who know the city inside and out. Vinchenzo was so informative and helpful, it made our brief time in Florence one of the most memorable parts of the trip. Although the private tours are very pricey, they are worth the splurge for a special occasion.

Overall, Through Eternity has to be the best out there. Their guides are informative and helpful, and you are able to skip the lines at major attractions such as the Colosseum and the Vatican, which is also a plus. If we ever come back to Rome, we will definitely be booking the other tours that Through Eternity has to offer!!

Vancouver
“Through Eternity guided tours of Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Doug and Judy, Vancouver, Canada had three guided tours with Through Eternity in April 2009. Vatican, Underground Rome and Coliseum - all were excellent, well worth the money. The guides are very knowlegable and passionate about their subjects

London
8 attraction reviews
“Dramatic Exploration of the Forum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Excellent tour with Rob, highlighted by his Mark Anthony speech in the Forum. Considerate of the members of the group by keeping us in the shade ,allowing for water stops etc - fascinating insight and bringing the locatiosn alive- worth it just to know which line to go in at the Colusseum; saved hours of queuing by buying the tickets by the Forum. Thoroughly recommended

virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Interesting walking tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

Took an interesting three hour tour (a three hour tour!) with Justin from Alabama, who my kids found hilarious. This was one of a few different tours we took with different companies and we definitely think that the level of knowledge here was quite high. We did find it interesting that some of the facts we were given in this evening walking tour differed somewhat from those we were given in another tour, but it inspired my kids to find out who was more accurate. (I'll let you know when they tally it up, but Justin is one for one at the moment.) Keep in mind that this is three hours of walking and standing -- lots and lots of it. Wear comfy shoes. There's a gelato break in the middle at a well-known gelateria. It was my youngest's favorite gelato of the trip (which is saying something as she averaged about two a day for over a week) although somewhat pricier than most, but it had flavors you couldn't find elsewhere.

Overall I would definitely recommend this company, and would have liked to have the opportunity to do the Forum tour with them -- we did the Forum on our own, and it was fine, but given Justin's amazing grasp of history (or his self-proclaimed ability to convincingly make up answers if he doesn't know, which he does in a very funny way) I would bet that is a tour that would really bring it alive.

Anchorage, AK
24 attraction reviews
“Best Tour To See Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

My wife and I had a limited time in Rome, but wanted to see as much as possible while we were there. We hired Through Eternity because of the reviews on tripadvisor. Our guide, Marle, was incredible. She took the extra effort to make our 2 day tour an incredible experience. She gave us incredible recommendations for meals and things to do on our own. I highly recommend this tour company.