“Best tour I've ever been on!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 593 Tours & Activities in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Through Eternity is a tour company in Italy that provides insightful guidance and commentary on historical and artistic sights, both well known and off the beaten track. The company has been providing exceptionally high quality cultural tourism since 1999. Our guides are all highly educated, fluent English-speaking professionals who bring history alive and provide deep cultural context. The company provides tours and excursions in Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Naples, Siena, Tivoli and San Gimigano. All Through Eternity's back-office staff are native English speakers.
Indiana
4 attraction reviews
“Best tour I've ever been on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

I just got back from my Rome trip over this past (4-5 day) weekend. ;) Gracelyn was my tour guide for the Ancient Rome (Forum & Colosseum) tour. I've done a few tours before, such as in Amsterdam, & even did the Vatican tour with Eden Tours. So far, I had not been impressed & had been desperately thinking of ways to escape for all those past tours I did. Gracelyn was the first tour guide that's ever impressed me. She made this tour the FIRST one I've ever thought was well worth the money paid! She was engaging & informative. Although I kept looking all over the place & taking pictures of everything b/c of the wonders around me, I was actually very interested & trying to memorize everything Gracelyn was saying. She was so informative, she even told us of facts that helped me appreciate the rest of the stuff I saw in other parts of Rome (ie, how certain architectural designs from the ancient Romans were then used in design of St. Peter's & other basilicas). I HIGHLY recommend this tour to anyone going to Rome!

Crete, Greece
“I am bored of history…”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I am bored of history… I really am and definitely was as a student. I am also bored of walking around ruins and all the things you have to do and hear about them. I only booked the tour to the Vatican and Roman Forum for my husband, as this trip to Italy was a present to him, and to tell you the truth, I also wanted to avoid the queue lines as an individual so I decided to go with the Through Eternity tours since Trip Advisor list it as one of the best.
And they were!!!
The girls, Gracelyn in Forum and Colosseum, and Marle in Vatican, were so good to what they were doing, that literally every single word and description they made was such a surprise and alive to me!! And imagine I come from Greece, every single thing they said I have heard before.. but not this way!!!
To give you an idea, the Vatican tour started at 10 am and finished at 6pm… it was exhausting, and if it wasn’t for Marle.. I would just go, see and get out!! But she made it all so alive and beautiful and for sure, she made me to want more! Unbelievable!!! Thank you girls!!! You both were fantastic!!!!

Kent
“Roman guides impress a London Guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I am a professional London Guide so when we decided to visit Rome for the first time we knew how much a good guided tour would enhance our trip. Believe me I am incredibly picky about guided tours but I was really impressed by both Marle, who spent 8hrs with us in the Vatican and Gracelynn who guided us through the Forum, Colisseum and a twilight walk through Baroque Rome that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either of them to other travelers. They made Rome come alive for us; they both have an incredible command of the history, art and culture which they delivered with an ease of manner and sense of humour which gave us a real feeling for this amazing city. When you visit Rome for the first time don't try to save money by "going it alone". Booking Through Eternity tours was one of the best value decisions we made and I can't wait to go back and do some more!

Atlanta, GA
7 attraction reviews
“Walking Tours in Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

My daughter and I were looking for a small-group walking tour for our trip to Rome in July of 2008. After reviewing several sites, we selected Through Eternity Tours, and we could not have been more pleased. It is a small company that offers several different walking tours and most importantly, limits group size.

We ended up taking two tours in one day. Our guide did a great job. She was a wealth of information as well as being personable and friendly, a charming transplanted-Californian and Art History major married to an Italian. The first tour was the morning Ancient Rome tour (Coliseum and Roman Forum). Our small group of 6 moved about the Coliseum and Forum easily, unlike the unwieldy large groups we passed. It was an extremely hot day and our guide helped it be more tolerable by finding the shady areas to stop and the water fountains! She even helped with recommendations for after the tour, giving us advice and ideas for our afternoon.

Later in the same day, we took a Twilight Walking Tour of the piazzas & fountains, including Spanish Steps, Trevi fountain, Piazza Navona, Piazza del Campidoglio, Piazza S. Eustachio, Trinità dei Monti, Pantheon and more. We even stopped for gelato!

I selected Through Eternity because of comments on Rick Steve’s website and on TripAdvisor, and would whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone looking for small-size English-speaking walking tours in Rome.

Vienna, Austria
“An amazing art history class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

Marlè Robinson was our guide. It was the best art teacher I ever had. I majored in history and I am an artist and I can assure you, this lady knows what she's talking about. She also has convictions about art, history and religion which suit me fine. She was amazing. Actually it was the best visit ever and I have traveled a lot. Moreover she did not count her time, instead of spending 5 hours with her as it was supposed to happen, we spent 7 hours together. Through Eternity is number one for me.