“Entertaining and Flexible” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 593 Tours & Activities in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Through Eternity is a tour company in Italy that provides insightful guidance and commentary on historical and artistic sights, both well known and off the beaten track. The company has been providing exceptionally high quality cultural tourism since 1999. Our guides are all highly educated, fluent English-speaking professionals who bring history alive and provide deep cultural context. The company provides tours and excursions in Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Naples, Siena, Tivoli and San Gimigano. All Through Eternity's back-office staff are native English speakers.
San Ramon, California
“Entertaining and Flexible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We toured with John T. through the Colosseum, and wish we had time to see more. Our tour was on our last day in Rome, and we had to leave before the group went on to see the Forum and Palatine Hill. John framed everything in a great historical context, and was full of recent historical discoveries about the Colosseum. We'll make sure to use this company again when we return to Rome!

Visited November 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Trip to Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of realizing a life long dream of going to Rome this summer, a trip I took with my 14-year old daughter. In order to ensure that the trip would be a tremendous success after waiting this long, I wanted to use the services of a tour company to help us better understand and appreciate the beauty of Rome. I did a lot of extensive research over the course of a year and decided on your tour company after reading the many excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. My experience with Through Eternity was one of excellent, courteous, very prompt and professional service at all times.

Given the challenges of keeping a teenager entertained while visiting ancient history sites, I opted to purchase the private tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palantine Hill on July 5, 2012 so that our tour guide would be able to focus on our needs and our particular agenda. I feel extremely fortunate that we were assigned to Cinzia Cutrone. Cinzia met us very promptly at the appointed time (she arrived early and waited for us) at our apartment and we traveled together to our first site. On our way there she shared with us her extensive knowledge of Rome, the culture, the city and the history. Our first stop was to go through the Musei Capitolini on our way to the Roman Forum - and she pointed out that the museum had some very interesting pieces and one of the best views of the city for the Roman Forum. Two days later we took her recommendation and we were blown away at the beauty of the sight before us - the Roman Forum appeared in all its glory before our eyes.

Cinzia took us through the Roman Forum and explained the history of the city, the Emperors, the culture and some of the more "entertaining" myths about Roman history. With the use of her guide book, she was able to bring to life a rich history and culture and truly captivate my daughter's attention. A "pile of rocks" is not always interesting to a teenager, but I found Cinzia was able to captivate my daughter's attention and engaged her by thoughtfully answering all of her questions. Cinzia was able to answer some her questions and then quickly flip to my questions - she was able to keep both of us completely engaged and captivated. Cinzia was always so pleasant, thoughtful (remembered bathroom breaks, took our picture repeatedly), very courteous and professional.

Her depth and breadth of knowledge about the history, culture and art of the various periods of time was incredible. Her passion and enthusiasm were very evident in how she depicted history unfolding over thousands of years. Every question we had she was able to answer with great depth of knowledge. She showed us with great excitement the new developments in recent archeological digs and the "new history" that had been uncovered. Although we had signed up for a long tour (5 hours plus lunch), Cinzia enthusiasm and very pleasant disposition never waned in spite of the heat. Her English was very good and we never once had any problems understanding her explanations of the various sites.

I feel very blessed we were given Cinzia as our tour guide - she exceeded my expectations of a tour guide and the tour she gave us of these important sites has made my trip of a lifetime one of the fondest memories of my life.

I would whole-heatedly endorse Through Eternity Tour as one of the best tour groups I've ever used and I would strongly recommend that people specifically ask for Cinzia Cutrone - she was an amazing tour guide and it will make anyone's trip to Rome even more magical and memorable.

Visited July 2012
chicago
“Poor experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had the occaision to utilize Through Eternity Tours on three separate trips to Rome, Italy. While I had positive experiences in planning two of the trips - it became clear that they do not have consistent customer service in handling reservations. I had the occaision to have a most inexperienced and rude individual when planning and following up on tours that were in process of being planned and reserved. This individual clearly did not know how to interact wiith customers and left a bad impression. The challenge with Through Eternity is that you do not interact with the same person via email and communication is fragmented which can cause unnecessary stress when plannning a trip. I would suggest you be careful and maintain documentation of plans

Visited October 2012
Through_Eternity, Owner at Through Eternity Cultural Association, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Angela,

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry that you felt disappointed by the service provided by Through Eternity's office staff.

Please be assured that the goal of our correspondence with you was to eliminate any misunderstanding about what you wanted to do in Rome and to be as clear as possible. We know how important details are in planning a holiday and we would not want anything to go wrong on your holiday because of us. We are sorry if, in our quest to get the details of your itinerary correct, we came across as too direct.

You are right that, in our attempt to respond to clients as promptly as possible, more than one staff member sometimes worked on a reservation in the past. We understand this can create confusion and will work to improve this from now on.

We believe when clients are unhappy, it is our responsibility to make things right. This is why both our manager and our owner reached out to you to discuss your concerns and offer appropriate compensation. At the time, you chose not to speak to us.

We understand that you had a positive experience with our guides in the end, and appreciate your business.
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“The best tours I've ever experienced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've just returned from Rome and had booked two tours with Through Eternity: the Forum, Collosseum and Palatine; and the 5 hour Vatican tour. Both were fantastic. What made these tours so exceptional were the guides. Gregory explained ancient Rome and showed us the Forum Romanum, the Palatine Hill and the Collosseum and provided so much knowledge and information that it was wonderful. John Martin took us through the Vatican and had so much knowledge about the history and the art that both tours were absolutely wonderful. These are tours for people with a true interest in the history and the treasures of this wonderful city. I cannot recommend Through Eternity highly enough!!!

Visited December 2012
San Francisco, CA
6 attraction reviews
“Eternal memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have used Through Eternity Tours for several of my clients, and have recently experienced private tours in Florence and Rome with them. Both Elizabeth in Florence and Stefano in Rome, possessed both the enthusiasm and knowledge that one expects from an outstanding tour company. Although I have been to Italy at least 5 times previously, my friend had never been there, so I decided to try the company that I have been using for my satisfied clients. Through Eternity did not disappoint, from my first correspondence until we said Grazie at the end of our tours.

Visited October 2012