“Not what I expected at all” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Romanico Palace

You added Hotel Romanico Palace to your Saves list
Hotel Romanico Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Boncompagni 37, 00187 Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)   |
Ranked #434 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
“Not what I expected at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have reserved it as a 50% private sale from Hotels.com and thought I have got a good deal. Well, not really. 1. The hotel is mostly used by tour groups who pay rather less. And a receptionist told me that I could have reserved it for less if I would have simply sent them an e-mail. Not my idea of private sale at all! 2. When we arrived the room was not exactly clean - one of the glasses was heavily strained with toothpaste and there was garbage in the garbage box. I pointed this out to the reception and asked them to clean the room. They said they did but in the morning I found the bathtub full of somebody's hair... I complained, they said they were sorry. 3. Breakfast is a joke - there are better breakfasts in 3-star properties. This one is maybe 2. An egg will cost you 6 euro, i.e. two eggs sunny side up 12 euro! And I wouldn't have minded that were they good. But they were not good at all. Can you imagine managing to spoil eggs? - they can do it. 4. They promote this property as being located close to Via Veneto. Well, not really. I mean this is a matter of an opinion. I can say that they are not far, but not close. 5. One thing that is good is the Reception - they are nice and try to do things you ask them, but what can they do? To summarize: this is no 4-star property. If you are able to book it for 100 euros or less it is a good deal, anything above is too expensive. I was rating the hotel as a 4-star property, were it 3-star and way cheaper I would have been satisfied. But as it is you don't get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

THANK YOU for your feedback, we believe it is crucial for our learning processes as we look to continually improve our service and facilities for all our guests.

Whilst I am happy to see that you rated our staff so highly, I am sorry to read that you felt a little disappointed other aspects of the hotel.

I was extremely sorry to read your displeasure, but the DIRECT CONTACT remains the best way to have the most advantageous price and the least risk of being disappointed.
The best "good deal" is always to book on our site directly, or still better contact us directly via email, our booking office is open 24 hours to provide a customize assistance.

Romanico Palace Hotel is very popular and as a result we have many requests also from groups, it is in the catalogs of the best international agencies and for us there aren’t guests of first or second category.

With regards to the imperfections on the cleanliness of the room, I have spoken to the housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen again. That it is not something we have had an issue with in the past and I know I am sorry for this occurrence. We are very proud of our level of cleanness, which is generally rated by all of our customers between 4 and 5 (out of five), as you can see for the previous reviews.

Thank you for bringing your issue with breakfast to my attention. Your experience, however unfortunate, is most certainly not indicative of the high levels of service we strive to achieve and quality of product we maintain. I 'm sorry but you have not written anything about our Roof Garden, which makes breakfast is not a simple meal but a nice experience to try.

Regarding our position, i remain perplexed that you have not found near Via Veneto, however, just check online maps to get a point of view.

Please accept my sincere apologies and you have my assurance that we will monitor this more closely in future. We really hope to welcome you to Romanico Palace Hotel again to convince you with an excellent stay.

Yours sincerely,
Alessandro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

we stayed for 2 nights in the Roman Empire Suite room 616. Amazing is all i can say. The room is beautiful and in true roman style. The furnishing are lovley. Marble floor shone with cleanliness. Large shower with side jets was brilliant and to top it all, after a long days sight seeing we were able to relax on our terrace in the hot tub then sit on the outside suite with a bottle of cold bubby, courtesy of the hotel and watch Romes night life. The trip of a lifetime. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I would recommend to anyone. Thanx for a wonderful stay

Room Tip: choose room 616 its great
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tracey,

THANK YOU for writing about us following your recent stay. I am very happy to hear you had an “amazing” experience and delighted you chose us for your ROMAntic weekend!

Great to hear that you enjoyed our best accommodation: the Imperial Roman Suite.

Entering the suite, a wonderful window with the view of Rome will catch your eye, giving you memorable emotions. A fascinating private terrace, with a wonderful view of Rome and a semicircular mini pool, becomes the ideal setting for a romantic bath, tasting a sparkling Italian wine, under the starry sky of the Etern al City.

We are very proud of our staff as they constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that they made you feel welcome and accommodated your needs. We like to make sure that our guests feel comfortable and at home with us

This amazing feedback is incredibly motivational, THANK YOU!

Your personal recommendation is the best award to pay our work. We are honored that we have entered a part of the "The trip of a lifetime".

All the Hotel staff join me in the hope that we will see you again in the not too distant future!

Warm regards
Wirral, Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We booked a late getaway for our 30th anniversary with Travel Republic and were lucky to get quite a good deal. The small hotel is in a lovely leafy area near the Embassies and was fairly quiet by Rome standards! Well located for the Spanish steps and gorgeous public park Villa Borghese (be careful not to get ripped off in the cinecafe like we were - 24 euro for a bottle of beer, small coke and 2 cakes)!!! 10 minute walk to Barberini area to catch trains/buses to all other magnificent attractions.
We had read a few reviews and had thought some of them were being probably a little picky, but i hate to say this...... they were not exagerated! We stayed in room 224 which faced a wall and drains.... not the best view so we kept the curtains and shutters closed. The room was a good size and the "over the top furnishings" went well with the style of the hotel. The bed and pillows were very comfy and we slept very well but I did think that the room needed a lick of paint badly. There were black scuff marks all over one of the walls, the bathroom ceiling had obviously had a problem at some time and had not been re-plastered/painted to blend back in. We also noticed that the red carpet in the public areas was heavily stained and was very grubby. The walls in the public areas also need a lick of paint. That said, our bedroom was spotlessly clean. We just think management need to spend some money on maintenance. The breakfast we had was adequate and plentyful but please, please, if you are going to serve fruit salad make it FRESH and don't use tinned "Del Monte" kind your granny would serve!!! Ugh! However, fresh fruit (pears, bananas and apples) were available to eat individually. The view from the terraced breakfast room on the 7th floor was stunning.
Now onto the hotel's greatest asset: the staff! We cannot praise them highly enough. They were so knowledgeable and friendly and welcoming. They were smart and nothing was too much trouble. They were able to advise you were to go and recommend lovely restaurants that were not extortionate. We do rate them as one of the nicest reception staff we have ever met and we have stayed in lots of European city hotels.
As we got a good deal I was happy overall with the hotel and it may have been we were just a little unlucky with our room but I would have been very disappointed if we'd had to pay double the cost. We cannot, in all honesty, say that this is a 4 star hotel. We would rate it between a 3 to 3 1/2 star. We would however return again but ask for a room with a view on a higher floor. We stumbled across a really lovely restaurant called La Fontana (off Via Veneto in Via Liguria about 10 mins walk away). The food was delicious and inexpensive. Service very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view: best facing the roads. The higher the level the better for great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are honoured that you chose to spend your 30th anniversary with us, THANK YOU for telling others about your experience!

Your feedback is very important to us, because we can only improve our service and facilities if we genuinely listen to our guests.

Regarding your reservation, you booked our entry level room category is very much geared towards the business traveler staying for 1 or 2 nights and work well from a value and functionality perspective.

Booking through intermediaries sites it is not easy to understand the type of room, the chosen accommodation (between 5 different room categories). We always encourage our guests to book the room on the Romanico website, as well as contacting us via e-mail, this will ensure they receive their preferred room type, size, and view.

DIRECT CONTACT is the best way to avoid unpleasant surprises and enjoy a unique experience.

I totally take your comment regarding maintenance to be done and will definitely look at what we need to do to increase the elegance of the hotel. However I am thrilled that you found your room “spotlessly clean”.

Thanks for your feedback about the breakfast “adequate and plentyful”, we have most of 70 products because and we have to satisfy the tastes of all customers (tinned fruit is request from families for children). As you wrote, we use only top quality products directly from the best suppliers.

Our entire service philosophy revolves around delivering unparalleled personalized service experiences where no detail is too small and it is very encouraging when our guests comment so positively on their time with us.

The small little touches are our way of saying thank you for trusting us with your special moments and the warmth of our hospitality is what we hang our hats on and what we hope will distinguish us from the rest.

Most important for us is that you have already decided to return, which is music to my ears as our sole aim is to build long term relationships with our customers and become a true home away from home for each and every guest.

Dear Guest, we hope we will get the chance to welcome you to Romanico Palace soon again.

The entire team is more than delighted to make your next stay even more enjoyable!

Best regards
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel was above our expectations. The service was excellent – the personal will help you with all of your questions regarding the city tours, maps, disposal of the bags. The room was really great, on the 5th floor with a lovely view. The breakfast was served on the 7th floor – event better view, and great espresso! . The hotel is in a very good neighborhood – it’s 15 minutes wall to the Spanish stairs, and just 5 min wall to Via Veneto's nice restaurants and cafés. Connections - the metro station is 5 min from the hotel, and there are frequent buses running just in front of the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your “excellent” review, THANK YOU for choosing Hotel Romanico Palace!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are genuinely thrilled that you thought the experience was “above your expectations”, especially for the staff.

I am so pleased that our service culture of being sincere, warm and personal in everything we do was so well reflected in your stay. I am genuinely blessed to be surrounded by an incredible team of passionate, professional, people’s people who love nothing more than looking after our guests.

Fantastic to hear that you thought your bedrooms was really great, we have a very passionate Design Team who spends a great deal of time ensuring every space is not only chic and luxurious but also incredibly inviting and welcoming, they will be so pleased when I share your comments.

We are privileged to offer for a sweet awakening THE most exclusive terrace of Via Veneto. From our roof garden, the sun warms you and gives you its good morning, lighting up the breathtaking view of the Eternal City.

THANK YOU for staying with us and for writing about your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards
Londonderry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel and found everything to be wonderful. The hotel is in a great location, very clean, and quiet at night. The staff was very helpful in assisting us to find our way around Rome. The breakfast room is located on the top floor of the hotel, and offers beautiful views of the city!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

THANK YOU very much for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Romanico Palace Hotel.

I am delighted to read that “ you found everything to be wonderful”, we are always looking to improve and enhance our service and facilities and your feedback is crucial to making this a reality.

Details make all the difference and it is for this reason that we are meticulous about order, cleanliness and hygiene in the bedrooms and throughout the hotel.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests have a truly memorable stay with us, guests tell us that one of the main reasons they return is for our helpful Staff.
We see everyone who works here as a family united, happy team, working to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible.

I would like to thank you for your feedback regard the breakfast, I firmly believe that here it is the “icing on the cake”.

Our romantic and exclusive Roof Garden offers an amazing view of Rome, a perfect location to start the morning in in a unique way.

Quality food is wisely selected from our renowned Chef who takes care not only of the traditional Italian cuisine but with passion and skill he is great to mix the Italian culinary tradition with the international tastes.

There are really few hotels in Rome that offer our same position, because Romanico Palace is near the major monuments and above all we are surrounded by a security and a serenity that allows you to walk without thoughts during day and night.

Once again, THANK YOU for posting your feedback and for staying with us. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our lovely hotel!

Yours faithfully
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had a great visit at the Romanico Palace in the junior suite which was magical (not to mention the hot tub). At first the hot tub did not work but after a brief call to management it was fixed within half an hour! The location is the best thing about this hotel as you can easily walk to the attractions all but the Vatican! The Colosseum, spanish steps and trevi fountain are only short walks away. Around the hotel are great restaurants and don't hesitate to ask the staff for recommendations as they are eager to help! The room décor is set in true Roman art.

Room Tip: Book a suite!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Sean,

THANK YOU for taking the time to write about us, your feedback is greatly valued and incredibly important in our efforts to continually meet and exceed our guests’ expectations.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the location: our neighborhood - Ludovisi - is an absolute gem, it has all the quaintness, ambience and vibrancy of a true Italian area and at the same time offers an array of independent boutique shops, lovely little café’s .

Here there are numerous restaurants and bars at reasonable prices, suitable for every kind of taste, our Receptionists know the best place to eat for an unforgettable experience to discover the Italian culinary tradition, we have an excellent staff , but also great food lovers.. :-D

It also happens to be just few minutes walk from Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, as you mentioned, every guest “can easily walk to the major attractions”.

Regarding the problems in the bathtub, please accept my personal apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Nevertheless, I am happy to read that our teams’ desire to assist and their helpfulness was evident throughout your stay with us.
It is such an important part of who we are and it is always incredibly motivating when this service ethos is so positively reflected in our guests’ experiences.

We greatly appreciate your advice “Book a suite!”, we have the ideal accommodation for each type of recurrence and on our website we are always ideas and tempting proposals.

THANK YOU again for telling others about us and I hope we will be welcoming you back to the Romanico Palace very soon.

Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I booked a surprise weekend away for my wifes birthday,the hotel was very good and the staff were exelent.we stayed in the imperial roman suite,the hotel is in a very good location and only a short walk from the bus and train station.you can reach all the major tourist atractions with ease if you buy a bus and metro card for about 6 pound per person.we stayed at the hotel for two nights on a short break but when I saw the room I wished I would have stayed longer.the Spanish steps are about five minutes walk and the trevi fountain about eight.i carnt think of anything negative to say about our stay we had a great time in rome and stayed at a lovely hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Paul,

THANK YOU for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit to the Romanico Palace!

We are honoured that you chose to spend your wifes birthday with us and I am pleased that you were happy with our Imperial Roman Suite.

This room with style and elegance flickering memories. The research of warm colours and refined decorations enhance the furniture lines made by craftsmen who have been mastering the finishing touches using their antique techniques.

A charming private terrace with stunning views of the city of Rome and a semi-circular whirlpool becomes the ideal setting for a romantic dip, sipping an Italian sparkling wine under the sky of the Eternal city.

The Imperial Roman is only one of our fabulous Suite with round hydro massage bathtub, booking directly on our website as you, every guest will have the possibility to choose the favorite room, suitable for any occasion.

We like to make sure that our guests feel comfortable and at home with us. I shall ensure that
your lovely words are passed on to the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

I am equally pleased that you found the hotel “ in a very good location”: it is in a wonderful area and arguably one of the very best places to stay in Central Rome.
What makes it so unique is the fact that it has all the charm, quaintness and vibrancy of Via Veneto, yet it is literally a stone’s throw away from Spanish Steps Trevi Fountain, Villa Borghese. It certainly is one of Roman’s true gems.

THANK YOU for noting that we are 10/10, We look forward to welcoming you back to The Romanico Palace Hotel!

Yours sincerely,
Alessandro

Been to Hotel Romanico Palace? Share your experiences!