“Excellent location in Rome!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
50% off room rate
Ranked #64 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Excellent location in Rome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon. The hotel was very nice...nothing over the top but clean and roomy. We had a small porch off of our room which was very nice. The hotel was in excellent walking distance to so many restaurants and attractions. We loved the breakfast every morning....a great way to start off the day. It was a traditional European breakfast with bread, cheeses, meats....no typical "american" foods; but that was the charm. The staff was extremely helpful. The airlines had lost our luggage and Rome was our first stop on the honeymoon. THe staff called the airlines everyday for us to try to see when it would get there. You don't realize how hard it is to make arrangements like that when you don't have a phone or speak the language. With there help (and my Dad's via email) we received our luggage the night before we were moving on to our next destination. We would definately recommend this hotel!!! Great value for Rome as well!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Our decision to stay in the Hotel Artorius was strongly influenced by very good Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. It is a friendly, family run, hotel and this was reflected in the excellent service we received. We are a family of five and stayed for three nights in two rooms. The rooms were well appointed, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was a continental style buffet with a reasonable selection of fruit juices, cereals, pastries, cakes, cheese, cold meat and bread. It was better than we had expected.
The hotel is in an excellent location, with only a few minutes walk to most of the Ancient Roman sites. It is in a narrow, cobbled street which is busy but charming.
There are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity and there is a small local supermarket directly opposite. We purchased some wine there and the hotel were happy to provide the corkscrew.
We ate in three different restaurants, all within 100 metres of the hotel.The hotel were helpful in advising on the relative merits and prices of the local restaurantst. The meals were generally of a good standard at the places we chose to eat, athough the service was not as friendly as we would have hoped for. Maybe that was because we did not speak any Italian and the other diners were mainly locals.

If we return to Rome we would definitely stay at the Artorius.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

My wife and I finished our 2 week honeymoon in Rome staying at the Hotel Artorius. I relied on the helpful reviews on Trip Advisor and sure enough the stay was wonderful. The location is central to all the major sites in Rome, but at the same time its located on a quiet side street where you get a feel of being amongst the locals in a traditional neighborhood. The staff were so friendly and helpful; by the end of our stay (2 nights) we felt like we knew them well! The breakfast (especially the cappuccinos) was delicious, substantial and more than enough to get you started on a day of sightseeing. The hotel decor is charming and comfortable--the elevator used to carry your luggage up to the rooms was, we were told, one of the first elevators installed in all of Rome right after the turn of the century. There are numerous restaurants very close to the hotel, which was very convenient and comforting after a long day out in the city. In fact our favorite was a little restaurant right next door! Delicious meatballs and gnocchi, and of course the bread and wine!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Artorius for 8 nights. We were very satisfied with our entire experience. The staff was very helpful in reccomending various resteraunts to us. Several of our favorites were literally right down the street. They also helped us book reservations.
The free breakfast was delightful everymorning. I loved being asked what type of fancy italian coffee I would like and then peruse the yummy pastries and try to make a healthier choice!
We loved the location. It was walkable to everything that we wanted to go. On another note, we wanted to use the room to stay in and just relax and snuggle up and eat take out pizza and wine. We found great pizza and used the grocery store right across from the hotel to make this night come to life. THe direct tv with movie channels that can be changed to various languages were an added bonus for those nights!
The maid service did a great job of cleaning our room based on our needs.
I love the hotel! I thought they were great!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This is a very stylish hotel in the heart of Rome. You can walk from this hotel to all the main attractions. The hotel is very clean and safe and the rooms are very nicely decorated. You will see cleaning going on all day. Security cams are everywhere and there are multiple doors to pass, some with electronic keys, before you reach your room. The breakfast is good for Italian standards and again the staff keeps the area very clean. The staff is very kind and helpfull and can arrange bookings for museums, etc. Opposite the hotel is a small supermarket where you can buy snacks, drinks, etc. There is free WiFi internet but I used the fixed cabled connection which is also available in the rooms. The front desk has connection cables available.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

It's a barebones hotel but very clean. Staff were friendly, price was right for what you get. Our room was facing the street and with the windows shut was fairly quiet. Breakfast was basic and fresh. Location was nice for sightseeing as several sights and public transport were a short walk away. My one complaint is there were no extra pillows in the room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I booked this hotel after reading the other reviews and I was not dissappointed.

The Hotel Artorius is in a fantastic location just off the Via Nationale and close to many of Rome's historical sights. Unfortunately I arrived in Rome feeling lousy with a chest-cold and no luggage (thanks to Alitalia), but I received a warm welcome and my room was well appointed.

I spent of lot of time resting in bed but being in such a great location meant I was able to experience a little of the city without having to venture far afield. There are a number of reasonably priced restaurants nearby, and a small supermarket opposite, so although the hotel doesn't have room-service I didn't have to go far to get meals and snacks.

The room was spotlessly clean, with a sparkling marble bathroom including bidet, and a very reasonably priced minibar (no item cost more than $3.50 Euros). The telephone calls I made to Alitalia about my luggage were also charged at very reasonable rates.

I was a little suprised at the lack of English fluency amongst the staff, however they were all very helpful, courteous and cheerful.

The breakfast included in the room rate was continental only but included a wide array of cold meat, cheeses, yogurts, fruit, cereal and some delicious looking pastries.

The housekeeping at Hotel Artorius was very efficient however after a couple of days I realised my sheets weren't being changed each day. One other minor hassle was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room, however I think this is pretty standard in Europe.

I used the free wireless internet and it wasn't super-fast, but fine for checking email and general web-surfing. There is access to cabled-internet too which I was told is faster.

I hope to return to Rome one day, hopefully in better health, and when I do I'll definitely stay at Hotel Artorius.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Artorius? Share your experiences!