“nice location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,095 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Copenhagen, Denmark
“nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

very friendly staff - and they alow dogs to stay ;-)
The breakfast is nothing special - but its free to have it served in your room. The rooms are nothing special but okay - the perfect location in the historical city center...

Room Tip: ask for a room with balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mersin, Icel, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It's a small but nice hotel in the city center.It is so close to all the popular places. By walking 100 metres, you can reach Piazza di Spagna. It is so close to Fontana di Trevi, Vatican, Piazza di Popolo and Venezia and so on:))

We didn't have our breakfats at the hotel so I cannot say anything about the breakfast service. But the hotel workers were so polite and heplful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am travelling solo from the US all over Europe. Rome was my first stop and I chose this hotel for the location. It's very close to Spanish steps, and the main shopping street Via del Corso, whis is great. But, beside the central location I was very dissapointed with whole experience of this hotel. My room was very small, just a bed and a wardrobe.I complained about the size, and the stuff was incredibly rude as the told me that I should take a double room, if I wanted more space!
The staff was not helpfull at all in any case.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Heswall
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I have contacted the Azienda di Promozione Turisticadi di Roma regarding this very serious situation at this hotel. We stayed for 3 nights- June 1st - 4th. on our first evening the young woman behind the desk told us that the 'machine' was not working and we would be required to pay our bill in cash. We asked that the machine would be repaired by June 4th, only to be met with a blank look. We asked to speak to the manager, and were told he was not there.There seemed to be no person in charge at all. we were told to use the ATM machine in The Piazza. we tried this, and as suspected it would not, for security reasons pay out that amount of cash. My husband asked to use the hotel phone to ring the Bank in UK for which they demanded 18 euro. We had no option than to pay up. Our 12 day holiday in Itlay was just beginning and they had credit card details! This was not a good experience at this hotel. In it's favour, the room was clean and quiet but very basic. The clening staff were delightful. Inspite of it's excellent position I would not recommend this hotel to anyone until they have their payment problem sorted out. I would like to hear from any other guests who experienced this problem.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Croce di Malta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Croce di Malta

Address: Via Borgognona, 28, 00187 Rome, Italy
Location: Italy > Lazio > Rome > Campo Marzio
Bar / Lounge Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Airport Transportation
Ranked #1,095 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Hotel Class:2 star — Hotel Croce di Malta 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Croce di Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Croce di Malta, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.