Just arrived home after a two night trip to Rome with my boyfriend, his sister and his mum. The hotel was very clean, spacious and the staff (although some didn't speak very good English) were very helpful and polite. The rooms were also very spacious, clean and had large comfy beds! The bathrooms were also very clean although in one off our rooms we woke up to ants in the bathroom on the first morning. We informed the maid who cleaned them up almost immediately and thankfully they didn't return. The wifi was working the two days/nights we were there. We didn't have breakfast included for our stay however we did eat in the hotel resturant on the first night and it was lovely! There was even something on the menu for my very fussy eater boyfriend :)
Location wise, the hotel is out of the city centre however the staff are extremely helpful and when we arrived they provided us with a map of the city so we knew where everything was and explained how to get into the centre. The hotel provide a free of charge mini bus to the nearest metro station every morning and evening at specific times however if you miss the timetabled mini bus they explain how to get there via public transport. I know no Italian and am awful with directions and even I found it easy to get into Rome. There is a public bus stop round the corner from the hotel which you catch the 664 bus from. You get that bus to the metro station (there are two near the hotel, Colli Albanian or Arco Di Travertino) then you hop on a metro - they make it very easy to understand which metro to get on at the station and then you head into the city :) we brought a 24hour unlimited travel pass at the station which inckuded the use of all buses and all metros for €7 each!
So so so glad we chose to stay at Hotel Capannelle in the end as I was so nervous about the travelling into the city on public transport but as I said it turned out to be so easy and think of all the money you save on accommodation prices AND with the hotel being away from the city it means you get a good peacefulnights sleep :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 250 guest rooms. Located just 9 km from downtown, 30 km from FIUMICINO airport and 4 km from CIAMPINO Airport, Shuttle bus service available. Complimentary off site car and pullman parking, on site parking for 280 cars available with a fee, 9 conference rooms with 2000 sqm of total meeting space, outdoor swimming pool and 500 sqm roof with a breathtaking city and Castelli Romani’s view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Capannelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Roma Capannelle Rome
- Domina Roma Capannelle Hotel Conference