“Great Location/Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #298 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Great Location/Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

When I booked this hotel there were no reviews on the internet to be found so I took a chance. Did it ever turn out well. The location is fantastic. Less than 5 minutes walk from Piazza Navona, can be at Spanish Steps in 30 minutes walk. Lots and lots of restaurants to choose from in the immediate vicinity as well as pharmacy and grocery store. Rooms do look just like the pictures posted on the net, one of the largest rooms we had in our touring of Italy. Breakfast is fantastic and is served in your room. Staff were very friendly and helpful. In my research I couldn't find anything to match the location and price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No outdoor place to just relax in.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

Booked a one night stay here (through venere) for our last night in Rome, but was turned away at the door when we arrived. Was offered a room at the same rate way across town near Circus Massimo at another hotel. Relais Palazzo Taverna paid for the taxi to get us to the other hotel, and told us the other hotel would have better rooms and Relais would pay the difference in the room rate. The other hotel was not better in my opinion, and I felt absolutely cheated by the whole experience. Lesson learned - triple check your hotel reservations before you travel especially if you book through a third party website.

Stayed September 2007
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

My friends moved from a much more expensive hotel to this one after visiting me. The staff were competent and friendly; my small room suited me and was well cared for. There are larger rooms as well. Breakfast was ample and delicious although I would have preferred a public breakfast room to eating alone. TV worked fine. Internet connection does not work in the room (yet) but there is some access at the front desk when necessary. Location is near popular sites but in a quiet spot which is great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Zurich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

After the booking at Expedia and the nice photos I was absolutely convinced, that this hotel will be a big deal!

Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and we were told, that Expedia has a special deal with 170 Euro instead of the regular 215 Euro and we have to accept a room in a "special" part of the hotel. So far okay. But nightmare was just beginning! After we entered a big wooden gate, following a dark hallway we entered a dark uncleaned
room. Hair and other things were on the carpet. The bath was covered with long black hair and the bed was not prepared. We informed the reception about this and were told "hotel is full, sorry". The next day, breakfast included, was also not really succesfull. The room was
not cleaned and we would wait until now for the breakfast...I guess it was just a joke about this. Again the reception was not helpful and after all this hotel was a big, big shame! Don't choose this hotel and stay away from it!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Dirty floor and uncleaned bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

Hi there

We booked this B & B via [--] and there weren't any reviews to be found but we booked it based on the photographs as it looked clean, modern and the rooms seemed to be pretty large. We were also travelling to Rome during high season and after trawling the net the best hotel deals were on average 280-300 euros per night - the Relais Palazza Taverna was much cheaper (at 180 Euro per night with breakfast included). I am delighted to say that it was a really lovely B&B and we were thrilled to have discovered it.

The rooms are very clean, individual and had great a/c (v. usedful in June!!)

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - they were happy to order us taxis whenever we needed them and phoned a restaurant to confirm our reservation - they couldn't do enough for us.

The hotel is just off VIa dei Coronari - which is a lovely street lined with antiques shops. The hotel is literally minutes walk from Castel Sant-Angelo Piazza Navona and the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain. It was so central we were able to go visit the attractions during the day and then pop back to the hotel with enough time to change (and have a quick snooze) before dinner.

A very satisfactory breakfast is served in the room every day (at exactly the time you order it!!) with everything from croissants/ toast / danishes / eggs / cereal and the usual coffee / tea / hot chocolate - it was lovely not to have to get dressed and go downstairs to a breakfast room (or as in many 2/3 star hotels to a local bar which serves the breakfast) - and unlike many 4+ star hotels there was no €25 charge for room service.

The bathroom was quite small - with only a shower (when we would have loved a bath) - but it was very clean and always serviced with clean towels - so can't complain really

Highly recommend this lovely B&B!!
I would recommend this highly to anyone

• Liked — Lovely - clean - modern colourful rooms with lovely breakfast and amazing location
  • Disliked — bathroom was quite small and there was no lift...
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

I was recommended this property from a travel agent I used, Sense of Italy, and for the price (169 Euros per night) it couldn't be beat. The hotel is very clean and modern with normal sized rooms and bathrooms. The A/C works fantastically, and the continental breakfast in the morning was great. It's located off a quiet, beautiful road that is littered with antique shops. It was very close to the Vatican and Piazza Navona. This is my second stay in Rome and I much preferred staying in this part of the city. The only thing you need to do is check your bill in the morning. I had pre-paid for the reservation but the person at the front desk didn't believe me until I had furnished all of my paper work and the travel agent was called to confirm. They could be better organized that way...

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Relais Palazzo Taverna? Share your experiences!