“Perfect weekend from start to finish.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George

You added Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Giulia, 62, 00186 Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #191 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect weekend from start to finish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the St. George for the weekend 31st oct-3nov 2013. The hotel was amazing and the staff equally so. It was my husbands birthday and with the staffs help and excellent English, was able to arrange tours/trips and a rather impressive room service breakfast on his birthday. I will recommend to all my family and friends and we will be back to the Hotel St. George as soon as possible. Also the Bistrot restraunt round the corner is amazing. Thank you for a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed November 2013
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear FrenchFancy033
We are delighted to know that you and your husband very much enjoyed your stay with us.
I am happy to listen that our staff was very helpful in occasion of your husband’s birthday.
Thank you also for your positive comment about the hotel.
Once again thank you very much for your time and for choosing to stay at the St. George and we hope to see you very soon here in Roma.
Best regards. Paolo Falchi, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Pointe Claire, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We selected this hotel for it's location at walking distance of many nice places.
After walking all day in Rome, we enjoyed the tranquility of this beautiful boutique hotel.
We choose a deluxe room to have more space and a view on the terrace at the back of the hotel.
If we go back to Rome, it would be our choice again.

Dear Helene B
On behalf of the St. George Roma, I would like to thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience during your stay with us.
It is lovely to read that you found our location perfect for you. We are really delighted to know that you found our deluxe room comfortable and that you appreciated the tranquility of our hotel.
I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again soon.
With best wishes. Paolo Falchi, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I write this review after visiting Rome and this hotel last week and can honestly say that every moment spent here was a pleasure. I booked a three night stay in Rome for my wife's birthday and picked St George Roma due to it's great location and good reviews. As it was a surprise holiday I emailed the hotel weeks before requesting some help to organise some special touches and also some help with recommending and booking restaurants for our three nights. In particular, Orietta was a great help in organising these for me and I felt in capable hands from before I even arrived. A limousine was arranged to pick us up from the airport, flowers to be delivered to our room at a specific time on my wife's birthday and even booking restaurant reservations were some of the things that were handled by Orietta with no fuss and she always replied to my emails promptly and clearly. Whilst at the hotel, we found the room perfect. Clean, modern and well appointed. The whole hotel was very well presented and you really felt like it was a five-star hotel, a boutique hotel, which is perfect for a romantic city break. The breakfast in the mornings were plentiful and there was enough of a variety to satisfy most tastes. The chocolate pastries and Italian coffee for me, were the best in town. Irene at the front desk was also a great help with taking the odd photo on our way out and helping with other small matters. Check out was smooth and the whole experience left us not wanting to leave the hotel or city. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that enjoys modern, boutique hotels in a great location. It really ticks all the boxes and we cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Andy M
We are really glad to know that you and your wife very much enjoyed your stay with us for your wife's birthday.
I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed the limousine service; we are also really delighted to know that you found our rooms comfortable and that you appreciated our morning breakfast.
In conclusion thank you for you positive comments about my staff. I will be very happy to share with our whole team your positive feedback, in particularly with Orietta and Irene.
With warmest regards. Paolo Falchi, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is rated at 5 stars and it is 3 stars at best.It is located on a back street that is much like an alley in most cities.Our room was small and the bathroom tiles were stained.When opening the window I noticed peeling paint.The rooftop area was badly in need of a rehab and fresh paint.The prices for food was outrageous compared with other local spots.30 euro p.p. for a breakfast buffet which is $78 is nuts.Stay away at their prices!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Johnmik1,
thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent stay at the St.George Rome.
We note that, your experience was not to positive and for this we are sorry.
With regards to your comments with all due respect I would like to go over some issues you raised.
As I am sure you have noticed, the St George hotel is housed by a 15th century building and due to Italian regulations we are unable to modify the shape and size of any rooms and this is one of the reasons why some of them not provide generous space.
You have booked a classic room with the Room only option, of course the room is not front street, all our bathrooms are marble fixture so some time the cleaning products used may cause some stains on the marble but they are not dirty.
Regarding our breakfast buffet € 30 in usd is 40 not 78 as you stated. Our breakfast with a variety of home- made croissants, cakes, plumcakes, fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit salad, youghurt, 4 types of cheese and four types of cold cuts, fresh mozzarella, 4 types of bread including typical Roman Pizza, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bacon sausage, boiled vegetables ect ect. All this cannot be compared with the price of a local spot, and believe me we are not nuts are rates are in line with all hotels same categories.
Our roof top restaurant & bar is considered one of the most amazing spot in the area, with his view overlooking St. Peter’s , Castel S.Angelo and other domes and churches and since it’s an open space some walls may be stained by rain fall, but allow me to say that it is not badly and that needs rehab we opened just this summer.
Anyway we have no interest in making guest unhappy and if you had that feeling please accept our apologies, but I wanted to go through these issues.
Sincerely, Paolo Falchi, General Manager
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Usually hotels in Rome are small and extremely expensive... This one is not cheap but everything is perfect!! Suites are more than you can expect in a great Palazzo. Situation is perfect, everything is walking distance: Navona, Campo di fiori, Vatican, Piazza Venezia....
Definitely is THE HOTEL in Rome...

Stayed October 2013
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ajsaenz
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review, I am delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay at the St. George Roma.
I was very happy to learn that the overall impression of our location was very good.
I am particularly proud to know that you found our hotel perfect and that you appreciated your accommodation in our suite.
Once again thank you very much for your time and for choosing to stay at the St. George and we hope to see you very soon here in Rome.
With best wishes. Paolo Falchi, General Manager.
Yorba Linda, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Location -perfect we walked everywhere from this location, breakfast- nice and waitress was quiet but found she was not too great with english but once she heard our lousy italian her personality came to life, rooms- clean, nice size and comfortable, roof top bar-spectaular view with funny severs, , staff- helpful and engaging but a little standish at first after a couple days they became friendlier. Overall a great place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Terrikelly
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and to have chosen the St. George Roma.
I am happy to learn you appreciated our location: this is one of our strengths and I am happy you enjoyed it.
I am delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your accommodation and I am also very pleased that you liked our breakfast and our beautiful roof top bar and restaurant.
Yours sincerely. Paolo Falchi, General Manager
Colleyville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. I concur with other reviews about this NOT being a 5 star hotel. There should be a greeter and a dedicated concierge plus a consistent level of service from all employees. Daniele (front desk clerk) stood out as the most friendly and welcoming. Using the front desk (where Check in and out occurs) mixed with concierge services makes the wait for answers and directions quite long. I view this integrated service desk as a cost cutting tactic by the hotel management/owners.

The staff at the buffet was surly and unwelcoming to say the least. However, this location touts itself as 5 star. I don’t see the service as 5 star at all. My hotel room had shower ceiling fixtures hanging askew and stained walls too. The housecleaning staff took my room key (which powers the room electrical with her). Why? And - very creepy!

The room Wi-Fi gives you internet throughput which made Aol dialup seem bionic.

Overall - I would not recommend this locale at all. For the price - we deserve a smile and helpfulness from every staff member without exception. I should have known this locale would present challenges when I read the reviews prior to booking AND the GM's (Paulo) consistent defense of client complaints. If the GM is defensive and pushy, it certainly reflects on the majority of this hotel's staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear DallasPete
Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent stay at the St. George Rome.
We note that your experience was not to positive and for this we are sorry.
I do apologize for maybe some staff attitude at the breakfast room and some problems regarding your room, I have personally discussed the points with all the Head Department involved ,and as a result, they have taken the necessary steps to make things work better.
I accept all kind of feedback from my guest, what surprises me is that upon your arrival you received a welcome letter on my behalf saying to contact me during your stay if you have noticed any problems, this never happened, so I do not understand why writing to me allows you to judge myself and my staff, I personally respond to all guest review, negative and positive, so as stated you should know that more than 90% of them have good value in staff attitude, cleanliness ecc. of course accidents can happen but believe me, myself and all my staff works every day very hard to keep everything ongoing, so please don’t say that the GM is defensive and pushy, you should first meet me and then you can express a judgment.
All my front office staff was very surprised in reading this review, because they remember you well and confirming to me that you were very present during the day and they did a lot for you, because we care about our guest even if we do not have a separate Concierge desk that in most 5 star hotel have limited operating hours we are available 24/7.
I remain at your disposal for any further clarifications you may require, I sincerely hope we will have the chance in welcoming you again.
Your sincerely. Paolo Falchi, General Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George? Share your experiences!