“Lovely stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #578 of 2,676 Rome B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“Lovely stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a lovely week-end in Rome, we stayed at Best Vatican for 2 nights, finding out a nice and clean room, comfortable bed and excellent breakfast directly served in our room!!! The staff is really nice. The subway station is near the b&b and we reached out the Center of the city in about 10 minutes! Lovely stay!! Next time we'll come to Rome, we'll definitly book at Best Vatican!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed here for my last night in Rome and it was just so-so. The building was not marked with any signs (not that I was expecting a huge billboard but a little sign would have been helpful). I stood outside for a good 10 minutes ringing the bell/intercom but no one answered. I finally had to call the other Best B&B to speak to someone and notify them that I had arrived. They told me that the person would be there shortly to let me in. Thank god they were! The room was pretty nice. The queen bed was a little too firm for my taste but I found all of Italy's bed's too firm. The bathroom was nice and big too although the door to the shower was broken so I had to handle it carefully. The woman who let me in did not stay very long, only long enough to give me bad directions to the Metro but luckily I can read a map well enough to get me there. The Metro was a short walk away and it was easy to buy a pass. The area was very nice and not too busy. I opted out of breakfast but there was someone to check me out on time. They also arranged a cab to take me to the airport which was right on time. Overall it was an okay experience. Nothing horrible but nothing to shout about either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

If you don't have a European cellphone or you need onsite help to make dinner or museum reservations, this is not the place for you. Nice rooms and a great location, but we spent a lot of money using our North American cellphones. Breakfast foods were very limited -- some fresh fruit would have been an improvement over the packaged cookies and sliced meat that we got day after day. We lost internet access at least 4 times and were expected to re-boot the WiFi router ourselves. And the lack of an intercom or signage outside the building caused major problems the day we checked in.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 via mobile

Pros - the bed and breakfast is a short walk to the Vatican and one block from the metro. The rooms are very clean, stylish, and confortable. Access to WIFI was also a huge plus.

Cons - the day I arrived the intercom was broken and I could not get in. When finally I did gain entry by calling another bed and breakfast in the building I had no idea once inside where it was located. I was carrying heavy luggage up three and four flights of stairs and I was exhausted. Finally at increased cost I turned on my iPhone to e mail the hotel. My daughter called me on skype at that same time. She was in the room and met me in the small courtyard. If she had not I would have never found it because the stairs that lead to this bed and breakfast were in the back of the building. They arrived sure enough after my e mail to collect the money in cash but I could have been ringing at the door until nightfall. In the morning breakfast was pre-packaged consisting of pastry toast jams and a hard boiled egg. The cappuccino was delightful each day, but three days of corn flakes was a bit much.
This hotel could be great but they have opted to be merely adequate in failing to help their consumers and diversifying breakfast with something as little as a banana or apple. Further the placement of a sign in the hall could save a lot of trouble.

• Stayed April 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

nice place to stay, clean and elegant. I have been in rome for a week with my girlfriend and we had a wonderful experience: She really appreciated the italian design and the elegance of this small but nice hotel. in a word? romantic!
Will be back for our next anniversary!
J.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed here during our honeymoon. We trusted in the pictures and were deeply deceived. To begin with, this place is in a building, on the third floor. Don't look for a sign outside of the building...it does not exist. The breakfast was cereal and packaged breads. And everyday, they would bring breakfast for only one person! We were never given any more soap, shampoo, or conditioner other than what we found in the bathroom the first day. Bathroom is small (expected), but the shower had lots of mildew. My wife placed a used towel under the pillow and when 'they cleaned' the room, it was still there. Sheets had holes and the towels can double for sand paper. Walls are paper thin too...room next door had a crying baby that kept us up most of the nights. When we complained about not cleaning the room, we did not get a discount. And to top it off, you have to pay in cash upfront for the entire stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

We found Leonardo wonderfully helpful and most professional. The breakfast is not as indicated on the web site. It was one of the reasons we had it recommended and also had referred it to many other friends. The breakfast was disappointing with terrible pre-packed food and we never received what we ordered. There was not even one English channel available to us on the TV. We loved the area and would definitely stay in this area again and would stay here if the breakfast was improved, fresh bread would be great. The quality of the towels provided to us was appalling but we were advised they were in the midst of changing them over but it was a disappointment to us.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Vatican B&B? Share your experiences!