“Very cool bar!” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Nightlife
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very cool bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I loved it here- but it is our style of bar. It is very cool and quite "Shoreditch" (if you get my London reference). The owner is very fun and stylish and accommodating.

A beer is about 7euro, but that is common in Rome. The great thing about this place is that it is a book bar- so free buffett on the bar and also delish food brought to the table with your drinks. Sushi, little sandwiches etc. Very lovely!! at first we didn't know if they have incorrectly bought it to our table, but everyone had one, so we tucked in!

A lovely place in the centre of Rome, that wasn't a tourist trap! Just what we were looking for!

Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Cool place to cool your heels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in mid afternoon to rest the feet. Enjoyed a recommended Vino Rosso and was provided with Olives and chips for no cost. Loved the music and atmosphere. WiFi was handy for researching.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Trying to be cool and not having fun....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place is terrible if you are searching for a fun night out to dance and laugh. However it is amusing if you want to people watch and observe Italians trying so hard to be cool that they can't have fun. The bar staff are dreadful - drinks expensive and badly made. I ordered 2 cocktails and the barmen spilt half of it and handed it over. Too much ice and just plain rude. Waitresses take drinks away before you have finished and have attitude. No menus, so they charge top dollar. Too cool to have menus and definitely not the place to ask "how much". Horrible place.

Visited December 2012
“Great place to relax in rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

In the middle of the long walks through Rome, this extremely relaxed cafe was just the things we needed. Comfortable sofas, great music and tasty food and drinks. We stopped by once per day for a break. Highly recomended!

Lille, France
5 attraction reviews
“Great place for Aperitivi, but that's a seriously weird owner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let's get the obvious stuff out of the way first: amazing location on Pietra Square, with a direct view if you're standing close enough to the entrance. Tastefully decorated, even though the trendy magazines from all over the world and all the candles kinda make you think they're trying a little too hard to be cool. The music selection is great, from Miles Davis to Gainsbourg, with vinyles on display here and there. The cocktails are great, the barman prepares them with style and skill. The barmaid doesn't seem as gifted, but what she lacks in cocktail-making skills she makes up for in smiles and friendliness.
The crowd ranges from tourists delighted to have stumbled upon the place to hipsters casually dressed in Prada jeans...
The owner is something else altogether. As I read "bookbar" on magazines I picked up a few and my girlfriend and I started flicking through them. As I took one more while retrieving my cocktail from the bar, I knocked over another magazine nearby. What had I done! Mumbling an ironic "Grazie!" the owner came up to me and started rearranging the whole place, one magazine at a time, manic style.
My girlfriend told me he had been doing that ever since we arrived with the candles...
Not that it put us off for real, again; great cocktails and awesome music in a fantastic setting, but we felt for a while that this wasn't the bookbar it pretended to be, that things were on display but not to be touched.
Great aperitivi bites too, from makis to prosciutto sandwiches. You pay 10 euros for a cocktail and a wide selection of mini bites, which is great value considering the quality of both.
Bottom line: go there for aperitivi, but be careful what you touch!

Visited November 2012