“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Osimar Hotel

You added Osimar Hotel to your Saves list
Osimar Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Felice Grossi Gondi 87 | angolo Via Rasponi, 00162 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #411 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Newport, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Myself and a friend stayed here with a Groupon voucher we had purchased for Rome, so we had no knowledge or say in the hotel, but we were pleasantly surprised.
The staff were lovely, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and everything you needed was there. If you are travelling to Rome to sight-see, its the perfect place to lay your head at night, if you are looking to indulge a little more, this may not be your cup of tea.
The only issues that we encountered were the distance from the 'City center' or the Termini, which was a 2 1/2 mile walk for us in a thunder storm, which wasn't ideal, but not the hotels fault at all, we just hadn't figured out the metro yet, which the nice man on reception talked us through the next day.
The only other minor issue, that may only be an issue for British traveler's was the continental breakfast was severely lacking. I mean, from continental, you know your not getting a fry up, but at least some fruit would have been nice, as I am severely Gluten intolerant and pastries and bread are not help to me, and a yogurt is not going to keep anyone going long.
However, this is all trivial, the hotel is lovely, and you don't need to nit pick if your a sight-seer/traveler.
Lovely time! Thanks for having us/putting up with us Rome!
2 nights in Rome, train to Venice for 2 nights, including train transfer and flights for just under £200 you can't go wrong Groupon!

Room Tip: Massive Tip! - Use the metro! The receptionists have maps and will explain them to you! Otherwise yo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have to say we did a group on deal. £150 for 3 nights including the hotel and flights. The hotel has a metro station that is a 15 minute walk and a fab restaurant 5 minutes away. The metro is the simplest to use, but BEWARE! My friend was pick pocketed, losing cards and passport as well as cash. I strongly recommend that you put your hang bag under your armpit when travelling on the metro, and have a zip and a flap to make it more difficult for them. They are quick and it took them seconds to do this to my friend. However, the hotel were fantastic. They helped photocopy things ready for the police station and the british embassy. We actually found it nice staying on the outskirts of rome as it was more of a local feel. The hotel also were so helpful, knowing we liked Diet coke, they got some in the very next day. They give you a map and instructions of how to get to the metro station e.t.c and are very helpful.You get a safe in your bedroom. So for me, if you want a hotel that your literally going to shower and sleep in, then this is a bargain. I think they will move up the star ratings when they have more of a breakfast option, nicer bedding, and more life in the reception area e.t.c But all in all.... its ideal.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Bacau, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I liked the fact that, when somebody needed something, they quickly managed to solve the issues for my group. For example,in a room the fridge was not working, they brought another one in 5 minutes. We needed to have breakfast earlier and they accepted our desire.
Some people were not happy with the breakfast, actually it was quite simple, I think a home-made cappuccino for each costumer at breakfast, would be very appreciated.
Mara and Luis are wonderful people, it was a pleasure to meet them, they will take care of your needs.
For arriving in Piazza Venezia, you can walk for 5 minutes till Nomentana- Ventuno Aprilie station, then take the bus no 60, the journey lasts 20 minutes.
If you want to leave Rome with the train, you can walk 15 minutes towards the train station Roma Tiburtina, with excellent connections for Tivoli.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Worcester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Upon arrival we were given a key to allocated room (203) , I can only describe it as a glorified broom cupboard, after complaining we were told we could move room the following morning , in way of apology we were given a bottle of complimentary wine .
True to their word we moved the following morning the room was a little better , cleanliness left a lot to be desired , also very noisy .
Breakfast was awful , I would definitely not recommended this hotel to anyone .
Also quite a way from the main attractions

Room Tip: I dont think any room was particularly good
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Rome for 2 nights in August 2014. The hotel is a bit far away from all the main attractions in the city. Its around 1 to 1.5km from the Bologna metro station, so u can take the train to all the places. Plan ahead. The check-in was smooth and the receptionist briefed us about all the places we can see and provided us with a map & told us how to get to all the places. She was very helpful. Any doubts, u can ask them and they will help u out.
The room was quite spacious with a comfortable double bed and a bathroom. The shower cubicle though, we felt was a bit cramped. There was a safety locker in the room, but it was locked on arrival. We informed them about it before heading out, they said they would fix it by the time we were back, but nothing was done, and we didnt bother to ask again because we didnt need it that much.
The breakfast was decent, not much option, but enough to fill u up. If getting back to the hotel late, the area seems deserted in the night, but we didnt face any problems anywhere. Overall, Its a decent place to stay with friendly staff to help u out when required.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

So i booked this trip through a groupon deal, so i hadn't a say in where i stayed. After a very bad start (my plane landed at 1010 and i got to this hotel at 1430- thanks to the atrocious transfer company crystal travel booked me in- COVAT- DO NOT USE!!!) i finally got to the hotel to be told, rather bluntly by the receptionist 'my room wasn't ready and wouldn't be anytime soon so leave your bags here and it'll be ready tonight'. Bare in mind i was 3 hours late, and it wasn't ready? No apologies, no offer of using the bathroom to freshen up, or offer of security for my bags. Nothing. Needless to say my already annoyed mood flared and he was told this was not acceptable. Funnily enough ten minutes later i was in my room. Rooms were average. Cleaned everyday yes, cleaned very well, no. Only advantage as a single traveller was the large double, and quite comfy, bed. Paper thin walls, could hear EVERYTHING that went on in that hotel. WIFI? i have just read another review on here and that was the first i knew about wifi. Breakfast, what breakfast? stale bread, the odd croissant, a creaky and doesn't toast toaster and stale cereal. Hotel was a good 10 minutes walk from nearest metro line and part of the walk is in darkness, no street lights, again as a single female traveller i got a daily evening run on my return as i didn't feel safe. Overall however, none of this mattered much during my stay. It was a place to get my head down at night and shower, rome city itself more than made up for this. I would not recommend this hotel to single travellers, however as said, as a bed and place to shower, it did it's job.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Targu Mures
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Ok, I'm not entirely sure how this place is getting these good reviews. It's a very average to poor hotel. The only thing it's got going is the price.

If I had to give a few pro points : the bed was quite spacious and comfortable, it had a safe deposit box and fairly regular cleaning...aaaaand that's about it.

The rooms are really small with really thin walls, you could hear a pin drop in the other room. The bathroom is dated, with ugly tiles and could definitely use better cleaning. Mold around the shower for ex.

Our room smelled intensely like cigarettes for some reason. As non-smokers it really bothered us. We could not get the smell out of the room even after 5 days, it would really hit you when you entered.

Air conditioner does it's job, but as others said, it's quite loud. Wi-fi exists and was working decently, but don't expect to watch videos and such.

They only serve breakfast, which was abysmal. No vegetables whatsoever. Few pastries, bread, some tired cold meats and cereal. Was even hard to get water, just some nasty soda machine and a squeaking toaster.

Service was pretty non existent as well, bar one girl at the reception, the rest of the staff was fairly rude and very shady looking.

Other reviewers mentioned good location as a plus. I beg to differ. It's quite far from the usual locations in Rome (Collosseum, Pantheon, Vatican, Trevi etc). You've got around 1.5 km to walk to the nearest metro station, in Bologna, and in most cases you have to transfer to another line to get to where you want. I would not put location as a plus point at all.

All in all, since we visited Rome for only 4 nights and spent very little time in the room, I guess it did it's job, but I would not recommend this place and definitely won't return.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Osimar Hotel? Share your experiences!