“Tremendous inn, right in the thick of things, and steps from the Vatican!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 207 Inn

You added 207 Inn to your Saves list
207 Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Giulio Cesare 207, 00100 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #417 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
East Lansing, Michigan
“Tremendous inn, right in the thick of things, and steps from the Vatican!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I was arriving in Rome for a study abroad program and needed a place to stay for the night prior to my accommodations becoming available.

I researched the options on Tripadvisor and wanted something close to the Vatican, as St. Peter's Square was a priority of mine to see first.

207 Inn was extremely comfortable and offered a great base of operations for that first day in the city. Great view of the busy street below, too!

Very helpful staff and a tasty breakfast.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are rooms without a view of the street, but ask for one, in case!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

A great base for exploring Vatican and Rome! Near Ottaviano station (Line A).
The hotel is located on the 2nd floor of an typical roman building. The elevator is also old and at the same time very romantic. Rooms needs to be renovated (dirty walls) and TV set to be repaired.
Breakfast was served to the room: juice, croissant and tea or coffee, so perfectly acceptable for a decent start for the day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed in 207 Comfort Inn B&B in the second week of October 2011 for work.
The B&B is located in Viale Giulio Cesare and it’s not far from the Vatican (about 10 minutes by foot)!! The B&B is also 50 metres near the “Ottaviano” underground station … so you can take the
Underground to go to downtown!!
The B&B has a front desk open 24 hours so if you arrive late in the evening it’s better to call them!!
The B&B is at the first floor of an normal building but inside it’s quite modern!! The room is normal (not large and not small) and the bathroom is useful but not too big!!
The room is located in Viale Giulio Cesare which is a very busy street so it’s better to sleep with the window closed!!
The breakfast is served by the waitress in the room at the time you have defined with the front desk staff but it’s very poor breakfast!! It’s true that a lot of B&B have a poor breakfast but they could improve the service without a big effort!!
So I suggest the 207 Comfort Inn B&B if you don’t want a luxurious room and service!! The quality / price ratio is good!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This place was great. Lovely old building. Rooms decent, and beds not as small as we imagined. Street also not very noisy as we thought it might be. Breakfast was basic - croissants, juice and coffee, but frige in the room for fruit and yoghurt if you want to buy your own snacks. Situated right around the corner from the Vatican - great for a run in the morning. Also, we could run back to our room for the loo whilst waiting in the 2 hour Vatican museum queue! Lots of cheap bakeries and pizza joints downstairs. Also a great Jazz Club - oldest in Rome - just around the corner.

Room Tip: Think all the rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

After a wonderful 2 week cruise we arrived in Rome. The Comfort 207 was the only bad experience of the whole vacation. I would not recommend this place to anyone for any reason. There were 4 of us traveling and we had reserved 3 rooms. I personally had booked online and had a copy of my reservation in hand. The clerk told 2 of us that we didn't have any reservations at all. After about 10 minutes, she finally found my friends reservation (after calling her Mr.) but told me she had nothing for me and that the conformation I had didn't mean anything because they didn't deal with that company. My friend was standing next to her and happened to see my name on a room list. Wow...there I was--reservation and all. She then put both of us in the same room until we complained and got our own rooms. Very little light. No wash cloths, bath mat or hand towels. Shower door broken. Basically unacceptable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My better half and I stayed at Hotel 207 for a week at the end of September to the beginning of October. This was our second trip to Rome this year, having stayed in the Golden Tulip Bellambriana in February. Hotel 207 far exceeded our expectations after reading less than positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I am glad to say we found all of them to be unfounded. We were greeted by a very friendly lady (can't for the life of me remember her name) who knew exactly who we were, checked us in and gave us a map of places of interest and places to avoid. We were then given a breakfast menu, choice of hot drink, juice and croissant which was delivered to our room every morning by one of the two friendly members of staff.
We opted for the small room with balcony as we were on a budget. We expected to find a small single bed, as was advertised, but found a good sized double. The room itself was quite small, but still had a bedside table, dresser and wardrobe...and to be honest if you need a big hotel room to sit about in, in Rome, your missing out on a wealth of beauty that's just on your doorstep. Which is literally what you get with 207. St. Peters Square and the Vatican are a 5 minute stroll away, and for everything else the ottoviano metro stop is about a minute away, easily spotted from the balcony.
There didn't seem to be any staff about after about 8 o clock, but in my opinion this just added to the feeling of being at home in Rome.
I had read reports of the noise from the street and metro being unbearable, however the markets are closed up and gone by 9pm, not sure what time they start at as I always slept through their arrival-noise, when the doors were closed, was not a problem. You could occasionally hear the metro but unless you're as fussy a sleeper as say, the princess and the pea, the noise will not bother you.
I cannot praise or recommend this place enough, we've been home for about a fortnight and I'm homesick for it...cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2010
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed there with my girlfriend at the end of september 2010 and decided to opt for a room with a balcony even though we were told the room would be small with a tiny bed. We were surprised when we saw more or less a normal size bed. As we were spending most of our day sight seeing we didnt mind having a smaller room as the balcony more than made up for this. The hotel is very very clean, probably the cleanest place I have stayed, and the staff are extemely helpful and friendly-we didnt have any problems with language either as their English was good! We were seved breakfast in bed every day and had a choice of times for it to be delivered. There were plenty of inexpensive restaurants on our doorstep as well, along with a very cheap market just in front of the hotel. It was still quite warm when we stayed at around 27 degrees every day, but the room had air conditioning. Ottaviano Metro stop and the vatican are literally a stones throw away, so an excellent location for sightseeing. All in all I had a great time here and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to 207 Inn? Share your experiences!