“For museum lovers” 4 of 5 stars

Modiin Israel
3 attraction reviews
“For museum lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This museum is outside the center of Rome, a taxi from Place D'Espagne cost about 8 euro. The building is very interesting, and some of the exhibits were quite thought provoking, such as "Disorient." The staff was friendly and the information desk people spoke great English and answered all our questions.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Israel
30 attraction reviews
“Don't waste your time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

If you do not have any contemporary art to exhibit, you don't need a contemporary art museum. Not even by a famous architect. This is a cold, presumptuous and virtually empty building, way out of the center of rome. Photography is not permitted. If only there were something to photograph.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a huge fan of modern architecture and contemporary art, I got my spouse and I tickets to the MAXXI museum, designed by the fabulous Zaha Hadid. We were ready for a four hour stay, but unfortunately, we found ourselves at the exit point about an hour later, with nothing else left to do or see. The museum is hard to find, empty and boring. We were also very disappointed with the narrow selection, the passivity and the shallowness of the exhibits. To exclude a single, tiny exhibit called Aurora, I have not a single good memory of the stay, and even that particular one was not contemporary or innovative in any way (I guess the only reason I liked it was because it was the only drop of color in this all-gray museum). Also to our experience, too many of the works radiated melancholy, but that's for your consideration, if you yet decide to go there.

Visited March 2013
Cambridge,Inghilterra
24 attraction reviews
“The building that is an exhibit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am loth to make comments that are contrary to "an artist and architectural theoretician" being unqualified in both subjects but I have to say that I fell in love with Zaha Hadid's building as an exhibit in its own right . I found the feeling of spaciousness and the fact that there was so much natural light in addition to the clever use of the artificial lighting gave an impression of expansiveness that was totally relaxing . I was lucky enough to visit when the Le Corbusier exhibition was on which was , to me , a serendipitous bonus . All in all I found the visit well worth the time and money I spent and would recommend it to anyone who was interested in modern design and architecture .

Visited January 2013
“Superb architecture, inhuman service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

On dec 20. we wanted to visit this museum. It was rainy, cold, nasty weather. Wie arrived at 10:00 ... too early, the museum opens at 11:00. Waiting outside, wie could enjoy the really breathtaking architecture.

Almost frozen, we finally entered 5 min before 11 through the open door into Thema entrance hall. But- unbelievable - we were expelled again into the cold.