“Great location for exploring Rome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Emanuele Filiberto 155, 00185 Rome, Italy (Esquilino)   |
Special Offer
Offers for every need
Ranked #361 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Great location for exploring Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last week for 2 nights and the reception staff were very pleasant. Our room was a good size and free wifi was provided. They are doing some refurb in the hotel so expect some work going on but this was not disruptive. We walked everywhere as the hotels location allows you to. Also Manzoni tube station is opposite the hotel which takes you to Vatican City and the train station. Breakfast was ok, service here was poor. But would stay here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMilton, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your review.. Your positive comments are certainly a great motivator for our team.."the reception staff were very pleasant" because we desire making our Guests feel Home after passing the Entrance door...we are renovating all the Hotel and I am really sorry for eventual inconvenients for the guests....."We walked everywhere" as the hotels location allows all of our guests to save time and money by not needing to take expensive taxis and busy over filled buses...The Hotel Milton is 20 meters far from Manzoni Subway Station and so you can easily reach all destinations. The Coliseum can be reached in less than 10 minutes walking. The Saint John in Laterano Basilica, the Saint Mary Major Basilica and the Saint Clemente Basilica can all be reached in just 5-10 minutes walking...we are also very comfortable with the Subway... 6 stops and you reach the Vatican Museums and the Saint Peter Church....Hotel Milton Roma provides a wifi connection which is complimentary and completely at our guests disposal...when you say "would stay here again" we can only be truly grateful for your kind words... The Milton Roma Team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon...Warmest Regards
Claudio Scinardo - Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at Milton Roma this last June 2014. We make reservations through HotWire so we really didn't choose the hotel, and that issue got me very nervous. Overall, we had a good stay at the hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious, the breakfast is ok also. They had a problem with our room the first night because we had asked for a two bed room in advance and when we arrived there were no more two bed rooms available. I had the email confirmation from them, as I wrote in advance to say that the two beds were important and that we were arriving late, but this was of no help. They had us changed the next day. The location is great as it is near a metro station.
I would come back but sure to arrive early the that of your check in or else your room might be used.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. In your review you say "Good surprise" and theese words show your satisfaction...unfortunately we were not able to give you the room you requested in advance because the hotel was fully booked and I do apologyse for the unconvenient....
"OK breakfast" made up by home-made breads and homemade cakes, fresh squeezed orange, original Italian cappuccinos and espressos.
"The location is great as it is near a metro station" infact The Hotel Milton is 20 meters far from Manzoni Subway Station and so you can easily reach all destinations. The Coliseum can be reached in less than 10 minutes walking. The Saint John in Laterano Basilica, the Saint Mary Major Basilica and the Saint Clemente Basilica can all be reached in just 5-10 minutes walking...we are also very comfortable with the Subway... 6 stops and you reach the Vatican museums and the Saint Peter Church.. This alone allows all of our guests to save time and money by not needing to take expensive taxis and busy over filled buses…..
"the room is spacious and clean" because we have recently renovated all the rooms and bathrooms with new and nice furniture and new german soundproof windows… the housekeeper pay much attention to the cleaness of the rooms and of the whole Hotel.....
For those that have not stayed with us yet, I do suggest to take a look at our official website where you can find photos, descriptions and most of all, Special Rates, something that can only be found on our website.
Gdansk, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Excellent location, a 10-minute pleasant walk down the straight avenue from Colosseum, just across the street you can step down to the subway and jump on a train to Trimini (5 min or so) or Vatican (20 min or so). Breakfast will absolutely allow you to charge your batteries for quite a while. In case you feel like eating out there are also a few places around to go as well as some groceries late-open. The room we were accommodated in faced the backyard: without frills, not too spacious, but with a pretty nice bathroom. One thing annoying however, despite the individual control device in the room, the air conditioner didn’t react on any personal settings. It seemed like it was centrally managed, which always gets someone unhappy for a different temperature comfort level. For us in June what did the trick was leaving the window open at night (the street noise then can disturb a bit, even on the backyard side), and having the curtains drawn during the day thus keeping the room from warming up too much. Nevertheless I do hope the hotel sorts this out someway for hot full-summer nights. Overall, as for Rome I guess “value for money”, and I can frankly recommend for those keen on the beauty of the city and not spending the entire day at hotel. Greetings and grazie for the staff, always nice and helpful, see you next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. In your review you list all the positive aspects of your stay with us: "staff, always nice and helpful" simply because we always try to make our guests feel home...and in every moment of your stay you can come to the front desk and ask for recommendations...there is always somebody at your complete disposal.....there is also a computer and a printer which you can use for free..…
"Breakfast will absolutely allow you to charge your batteries for quite a while" :) you will find home-made breads and homemade cakes, fresh squeezed orange, original Italian cappuccinos and espressos...flavoured croissants.... I am so sorry for the unconvenient you have had because the warm weather in Rome during your stay but I am pleased to inform that we have renovated all the rooms with new german soundproof windows and new air conditioning...
"Excellent location, a 10-minute pleasant walk down the straight avenue from Colosseum" The Hotel Milton is 20 meters far from Manzoni Subway Station and so you can easily reach all destinations. The Saint John in Laterano Basilica, the Saint Mary Major Basilica and the Saint Clemente Basilica can all be reached in just 5-10 minutes walking...we are also very comfortable with the Subway... 6 stops and you reach the Vatican museums and the Saint Peter Church.. This location allows all of our guests to save time and money by not needing to take expensive taxis…..
Hotel Milton Roma provides a wifi connection which is complimentary and completely at our guests disposal….
I would like to just say that if you are ever in Rome again it would be a pleasure to host you once again "SEE YOU NEXT TIME"!!!
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very clean and staff very helpful. Opposite Manzoni metro stop so was very handy to get anywhere in the city. Lovely breakfast. Loved Rome even though Ive never seen so many people in my life. Got metro every evening to Spanish steps to eat. lovely atmosphere and felt totally safe anywhere I walked

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HotelMilton, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your positive comments are certainly a great motivator for our team, and the all of us will be truly grateful for your kind words....you say "very handy to get anywhere in the city" infact The Hotel Milton is 20 meters far from Manzoni Subway Station and so you can easily reach all destinations. The Coliseum can be reached in less than 10 minutes walking. The Saint John in Laterano Basilica, the Saint Mary Major Basilica and the Saint Clemente Basilica can all be reached in just 5-10 minutes walking...we are also very comfortable with the Subway... 6 stops and you reach the Vatican museums and the Saint Peter Church... "Lovely breakfast" thank you for using such kind words :) yes, You can start your day in the Eternal City with our lovely breakfast made up by home-made breads and homemade cakes, fresh squeezed orange, original Italian cappuccinos and espressos. ....The Milton Roma Team looks forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and had a very good expirience. The hotel is located right next to Manzoni Metro station which has Metro Line A running to Termini (Central) station and Vatican City (7 Stops). The colosseum is about 10-12 mins walking distance. The reception staff is very helpful and suggested good places to eat and directions to attractions. The breakfast is a very good selection of fruits, cereals, breads and hot drinks. The room itself was simple, spacious and clean. It was cleaned every day with fresh towels but the soaps/shampoo wasn't replenished. Overall for the price we paid, we had a very good expirience. The only negative aspect i could find is the Free-Wifi that hardly ever worked in the room. It worked fine when we are in downstairs bar and recption area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMilton, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. In your review you say:"We stayed for 3 nights and had a very good experience"...this is what we are happy to read..As you underline the Hotel Roma Milton is 20 meters far from Manzoni Subway Station and so you can easily reach all destinations. The Coliseum can be reached in less than 10 minutes walking. The Saint John in Laterano Basilica, the Saint Mary Major Basilica and the Saint Clemente Basilica can all be reached in just 5-10 minutes walking...we are also very comfortable with the Subway... 6 stops and you reach the Vatican museums and the Saint Peter Church...The staff is very accommodating because we always try to make our guests feel home...and in every moment of your stay you can come to the front desk and ask for recommendations...there is always somebody at your complete disposal.....
You can start your day in the Eternal City with our good breakfast made up by home-made breads and homemade cakes, fresh squeezed orange, original Italian cappuccinos and espressos. .. "the room is spacious and clean as well the bathroom" because we have recently renovated all the rooms and bathrooms with new and nice furniture and the housekeeper pay much attention to the cleaness of the whole Hotel.....I am pleased to inform you that now the wifi runs properly and it is Free....I would like to just say that if you are ever in Rome again it would be a pleasure to host you once again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The location of the hotel is very good, just across the metro station and within walking distance (10 mins) to the Colosseum. Room and service is average, but nothing to really complain about. We stayed 2 nights in mid June 2014, and overall enjoyed our stay. Loved Rome, loved Italy....

Taipei, Taiwan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

During the vacation in Roma from 04/06~06/06 this year, my wife and I stayed at this hotel. When I checked in, the clerk asked me about my credit card number. I thought it was just a SOP and told the clerk my credit card number with no doubt. When I finished my vacation and went back to my home country, I received my credit card bill. In the bill, I found € 4 had been charged by this hotel at the date(07/06) when I had left the hotel. This hotel didn't tell me why they were going to charge this € 4 while the time I checked out. Also on the net, I can't find any customer service E-mail of this hotel to ask. And my travel agent, arranging me to stay at this hotel, can't find the answer for me until now, too. During my stay, I didn't have any drink in the refrigerator of the room, and kept everything in the room clean and clear. I really don't know why I have to pay the € 4. I wish someone could tell me.

Chao, Chin Lung

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Milton Roma? Share your experiences!