“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Portrait Roma

You added Portrait Roma to your Saves list
Portrait Roma
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Bocca di Leone, 23, 00187 Rome, Italy (Formerly Portrait Suites) (Campo Marzio)   |
Ranked #3 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
HK
“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed for one night following a cruise. This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in recently. The rooms was outstanding, impeccably decorated. All the staff there were fantastic, committed and extremely professional. The view from roof top was amazing!

Would go back to Rome just to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Guest ,

many thanks for the time you decided to dedicate to us writing this amazing review.
The Staff and me we are very proud about your kind words, a strong message to enforce our will to do always better and offer the guests a truly unique experience out of the time.
But the final phrase "i have found my perfect base in Rome!!!!" is the real great message all of us we receive!
All the Staff will be waiting for your at the next stay.

g.vallerotonda@lungarnocollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Can not speak highly enough about this hotel. The staff was impecable. Some of the rooms are small but extremely comfortable. Its in a wonderful location. And, the breakfast was great!
If you like boutique hotels - it doesn't get any better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your review. I appreciate the time you spent to describe the experience you had at Portrait Suites
The daily efforts to maintain the high standard are reinvigorated by these words, I will share your review with the Team involved in this project. Many thanks from all of us,

We really hope to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Located a stone's throw from the Spanish Steps, Portrait Suites is beautifully appointed, in a tasteful, contemporary style...not surprising when you know it's owned by the Ferragamo family. With 14 rooms, it has a cozy feel. The suite we had was roomy and comfortable. Breakfast is available on the room terrace iand on the terrace penthouse. The staff is excellent: helpful, warm, resourceful, anticipative of needs and classy. They got tickets, made reservations, provided knowledgeable advice, got taxis. Lastly, when asked if they found a shirt I misplaced, they found it and said they would mail it to me in U.S. for no charge.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Portrait Suites on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, and that the service is the best you have ever had. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks.

The Portrait Suites Team is part of the local neighborhood, enabling guests to delve into local experiences. From exploring the nightlife of Rome, to suggest the right restaurant, all previously tested by the Lifestyle Team.( it doesn' exist the perfect place for everybody, but each of our guests has a different sensitivity and preferences) . Only to create empathy between us and you, we can fully understand your needs and anticipate them. In creating a memorable stay is our daily efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Portrait Suites in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any assistance you may need to became our repeater guest.

Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I chose Portrait Suites based on all the positive recommendations in Trip Advisor and the hotel lived up to all those great reviews. Staff was extremely helpful and professional, the room was great and the location could not have been better. The rooftop is a great place to sit out and have a drink or to sit out for breakfast before starting your day. Staff was extremely helpful in arranging all the side trips we requested and in steering us to some great restaurants and tips on how to avoid some of the crowded tourists sections of the top sites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tarporley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Portrait Suites has a boutique type feel to it. The staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms are beautiful and breakfast on the roof terrace is a wonderful experience. The hotel is perfectly located minutes from the Spanish Steps and Spagna metro station. The Trevi Fountain is five minutes walk away and the Pantheon and Piazza Navona another 5 /10 minutes further on. Getting to the Colloseum and Forum is easy on the metro and the Vatican and Castel Sant Angelo are a 10 minute walk away. My 10 year old son was welcomed at the hotel and was very happy with the IPad and DVD player in the room. My only tiny gripe is that the WiFi signal was not hugely reliable. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone. Perfetto!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had a long weekend here with my ten year old daugther. The good people at Portrait Suites took very good care of us.
Perfect location, everything in good taste. Our studio was quiet and comfortable.
The roof terrace is very nice, good breakfast and in the evening you can make your own drinks, wich my daugther loved. And I allways prefer to make my martinis myself.
In my opinion better then The Hassler, wich is hit and miss regarding rooms.
The excellent staff recommended very good restaurants that serve white truffle in season. And my new Prada coat with mink lining and collar was delivered to the room promptly.
Also: I forgot a shirt in the room on departure, and they sent it free of charge to my home.
All in all: excellent and i have found my perfect base in Rome.

Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just returned from a long weekend at the Portrait Suites. Fantastic hotel, totally deserving of its #2 status on Rome. Small, quiet and very boutiquey (the Ferragamo influence is very strong) it was the perfect location for a long luxurious family weekend in Rome.

Drinks on the terrace looking out over Rome (even in the rain) were unforgettable!

The team were amazing. I lost my phone on arrival and they recovered it within minutes, they booked restaurants for us, organised tours and totally spoiled us!

We will be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Portrait Roma? Share your experiences!