“Quirky” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Matisse B&B

You added Matisse B&B to your Saves list
Matisse B&B
243 Via Nazionale | Building C, 2nd Floor, 00184 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #1,162 of 2,892 Rome B&B and Inns
Adelaide, South Australia
“Quirky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Staying at the 'Matisse' is like living in a share house. We had a large room with a king size (comfortable) bed. A private shower room & seperate toilet were avaible to us, down the hall. All other guests were quiet, so there was no problem there. A cold breakfast is available all day. The location is good but noisy. All rooms do have double glazing which does help. Air conditioning is avaibable in the rooms (spit system), however could not find the remote control => may be of limited use. May need to ask the manager/owner - Roberto.

The B & B has many rooms on the spread within the building, so my review may not reflect what others may experience. We stayed in the group of rooms that is displayed on the internet. Free WiFi is available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

I came with a group of 32 people and 4 people ended up getting money stolen from their rooms. 80-130 dollars a piece. Our stuff was not just laying around either, it was in our wallets hidden in our closed suitcases. It would have taken several minutes to find our money. It was the housecleaning lady. She is very rude and disrespectful. We had to opt out of her cleaning service. If you want a nice trip and don't have to worry about having things stolen.... DONT COME TO HIS HOTEL. it's cheap for a reason.

• Stayed June 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I am a budget conscious traveler and I was not disappointed with Matisse because of its location: near the central train station (Termini), walking distance to a lot of tourist spots (Piazza dela Republica, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps). Price is affordable and you get complimentary breakfast (which they leave on their kitchen so you can have them all day long ;)) and you can use their desktop computer in case you need to access the internet. The place is comfy, quiet and clean. As soon as you are settled you will be given a map of Rome and will be directed to the tourist spots showing the best way to reach it. I will definitely recommend this place to ypu and my friends because I'll stay here once I'm back in Rome again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Fantastic place in excellent location! My room was georgeus, quiet , warm and clean. The Manager was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is also very nice. Additionally there is a free internet access. I will definitely be staying here again if I return to Rome.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We booked the room at the Matisse one hour before we arrived because we had to change hotels at the last minute. Roberto was extremely welcoming:-))) He explained all of our room options. He gave us a map and showed us how to get around to the different sites. He gave us great info on how to choose where to eat. When we came back to our room the first day, he had left us a bottle of wine and delicious fruit. He is delightful and very helpful. He made our stay in Rome a success!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
bangkok, thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

It was indeed a very pleasant stay at Matisse B and B. My family and I found it to be so cozy and homey. Our room was always clean and neat as well as our dedicated bathroom. Roberto is a very good host and so with his assistant who helped us with our luggages and who taught our way around Rome. Food in this B and B is 24/7 thus, no need waiting for breakfast. It is self-serve and you can eat anytime of your own choice. A bottle of wine was even provided for guests during our stay. Location is also good as it is accessible to many beautiful tourist sites.
The warmth of our hosts, Roberto and his assistant would surely makes us stay in this B and B again. Roberto was so kind to assist us to get our transport to the airport. He sent us home a bottle of wine too, a very good friendly gesture. Kudos to Matisse B&B, highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Please do yourself a favor and avoid this place. I was put in a terrible situation when Roberto pulled the bait and switch. It was 10 pm at night and he wanted to put us in the Colosseum apartments which I knew was in a seedy area. After much discussion, he reluctantly "allowed" us to stay in our room which had a bathroom down the hallway. The room was sub par for even for a Motel 6 room. He I would only stay here if I was on a very limited budget and could not afford to stay anywhere else. The 24hr continental breakfast was filled with dollar store prepackaged pastries and "bottled water" filled from the tap. The orange juice was "orange flavored" water.

I am a very positive person and this is unfortunately my first negative review. Out of principle I write this review because I feel like this unscrupulous owner cheated me out of what should have been a nice day in Rome. Please don't be the next victim to fall for this guy's scam.

Luckily, I was able to find a decent hotel to stay not far away the next day. Having traveled many times to Europe, this was by far the worst experience I ever encountered. Don't be fooled by some of the reviews, they will lead you wrong. You can message me if you have any questions. I just don't want others to be fooled by this con artist.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Matisse B&B? Share your experiences!